Author Topic: Fox Valley GEVO information announced at the NMRA  (Read 5617 times)

ljudice

Re: Fox Valley GEVO information announced at the NMRA
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 10:26:01 PM »
Not another word from me on grabirons or gevos!

;D

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 10:51:32 PM »
Plenty of NS/CSX/KCS modeler out there to

Nooooo, Geee, why don't you tell Kato that. Be willing to bet that if they do the Gevo, it'll be quite awhile before they get around to NS or CSx and you'll find something not to your liking there either. It's almost a no brainer that if they would never get around to Iowa Interstate.

If I wanted to install a zillion tiny wire parts, I'd be a sailing ship modeller, not a model railroader!

That's no fun but neither was cutting and installing 160 20mm gun barrels and antennae for the USS Enterprise and USS Essex 1/700 Aircraft Carriers. It was 3 days before I could straighten my fingers. Thank God I don't do that anymore.

nscalesteve

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2009, 11:53:34 PM »
It's almost a no brainer that if they would never get around to Iowa Interstate.

...they don't have to, as you may know, FVM is doing the IAIS ones, they even do #511 !   ;D

asarge

• Crew
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 12:21:16 AM »
I couldn't believe it when I saw it!!

The Iowa Interstate is just a cool road.

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4247
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 12:35:37 AM »
Gotta save some roadnames for the second run.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

sundowner

• Crew
  • Respect: +103
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 10:12:45 AM »

Nooooo, Geee, why don't you tell Kato that. Be willing to bet that if they do the Gevo, it'll be quite awhile before they get around to NS or CSx and you'll find something not to your liking there either. It's almost a no brainer that if they would never get around to Iowa Interstate.

Oh, Kato will get to CSX since it is there third favorite road after UP and BNSF. How else would I have gotten all those SD70M, SD70MAc, SD80Mac, and AC44 plus the oldies like the SD40, SD40-2, C30-7 and the not quite correct for but retire CSX -9 that I already have. So they will get to them eventually, I can wait or I will kitbash my own from Kato bodies and they will have the correct amount of DB vents. I really wanted to get the FVM Gevos, I have converted all of my cars to FVM wheels and I also have a bunch of there boxcars, but there just some very visible compromise I am not willing to pay for anymore like number board placement and GE DB vent amount.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 10:26:52 AM by sundowner »
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

stuntman

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »
BTW,  what's that a diagram of, underneath the SD70M bodyshell??

http://www.katousa.com/parts-catalog/information.html

??? ;D ;D

Ali Kenneth

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2009, 05:19:53 PM »
So from the looks of it the body will not be accurate for the CSX or NS versions of the ES44AC?
This brings the question, are the compromises a compromise too far for me?

Given that i have 9 Kato C40-9W in NS colours that have completely the wrong headlight position at the front you would think not but i am totally undecided. I am likely to buy some of the BNSF or UP ones that are as near to 100% correct but am uncertain over the eastern roads. Do i dare not pre-order and miss out completely?

This hobby is just designed to give me a headache! (But i love it really!)

Alasdair

asarge

• Crew
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2009, 10:47:36 PM »
So they will get to them eventually, I can wait or I will kitbash my own from Kato bodies and they will have the correct amount of DB vents. I really wanted to get the FVM Gevos, I have converted all of my cars to FVM wheels and I also have a bunch of there boxcars, but there just some very visible compromise I am not willing to pay for anymore like number board placement and GE DB vent amount.

I hope you get what you want Sundowner, sooner rather than later.

jsoflo

• Crew
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2009, 10:12:55 AM »
BLW has just listed these for pre-order at $80.98, a healthy amount less then the newest Atlas and Intermountain releases and very close to Kato. While I was going to limit the order (eventually, since CP is not in the initial release) to a single unit due to numberboard positioning, the good price has me re-considering! I gotta say, I am surprised and happy with pricing...