Author Topic: What is a SERB?  (Read 1792 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: What is a SERB?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2022, 08:47:35 PM »
I don't use styrene for my N scale. I have been using balsa sheets at 1/16 and 1/32.

In that case, the thinner blade will be easier to plunge into the wood.  Most modelers here (and probably anywhere) mostly use styrene for scratchbuilding.  I should have connected your SERB question to the recent thread about using balsa wood for model construction.

As for jokes, I'm a Pole (having to been born and grown up in Poland), yet I welcome any Polish jokes I hear. The dumber, the better.  But everybody's different.  :|
. . . 42 . . .

Jaeon

• Respect: -16
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2022, 10:27:26 PM »
In that case, the thinner blade will be easier to plunge into the wood.  Most modelers here (and probably anywhere) mostly use styrene for scratchbuilding.  I should have connected your SERB question to the recent thread about using balsa wood for model construction.

As for jokes, I'm a Pole (having to been born and grown up in Poland), yet I welcome any Polish jokes I hear. The dumber, the better.  But everybody's different.  :|

Don't think I mind Serb stuff. I pointed it out so folk would NOT think me a bad person for panning extraneous off point replies. If it wasn't in my thread I would not have written anything.

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2022, 10:31:46 AM »
+1
Don't think I mind Serb stuff. I pointed it out so folk would NOT think me a bad person for panning extraneous off point replies. If it wasn't in my thread I would not have written anything.

As a fair warning, be prepared for TRW thread drift.  It's well-known that we will veer off course, especially for humor.  For example, in response to @peteski:

Similarly, most people here know I'm colorblind, but I appreciate a good colorblindness joke.  Here's one a friend sent me:

:D :D :D

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2022, 11:33:10 AM »
+3
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Jaeon

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2022, 11:36:37 AM »
January 20, 2022, 11:36:37 AM - Hidden.

Jaeon

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2022, 11:42:53 AM »
January 20, 2022, 11:42:53 AM - Hidden.

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +720
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2022, 11:46:10 AM »
+3
Honest to God What a waste...what's your point Beaver? Being one of the guys? Your post has nothing to do with my question but has everything to do with sticking it to me. Big Man

Sticking it to you?  Huh???  I think he was poking fun at Dave's color blindness.   :facepalm:

Welcome to The Railwire.   8)

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2022, 11:51:06 AM »
+3
Veer all you want....Expect comments from me if it's in my thread...just a fair warning.

It's not "your" thread. It is a thread you started. Beyond that, it is a TRW thread. There is no thread "ownership" here. That may be the culture in other forii, but not on TRW.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7958
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2022, 12:02:41 PM »
+1
Honest to God What a waste...what's your point Beaver? Being one of the guys? Your post has nothing to do with my question but has everything to do with sticking it to me. Big Man

What's a SERB? A single edge razor blade. I wrote Thanks! I learned something.

What's your problem here hombre?

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2022, 12:22:35 PM »
+7
The OP's question was answered, so I'll pull the plug. 

Jaeon, if you're pissed about how things played out here, this may not be the best forum for you.