Author Topic: Free eZines... Love 'em? Hate 'em? Use & Keep 'em?  (Read 7917 times)

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8049
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Free eZines... Love 'em? Hate 'em? Use & Keep 'em?
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2009, 10:01:03 AM »
I really hate the world's cookie paranoia. It makes my job, as a web developer, much more difficult.

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2113
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2009, 10:10:32 AM »
Richie, it's been quite interesting watching your level of paranoia increase since you joined the A-board with your WebTV way back when.  Locking yourself inside your house hiding from the black helicopters doesn't seem like an enjoyable retirement to me, but to each his own.  Just my $.02.

90% is my choice to have a mag over net or DVD viewing .
9% is I don't like PDF's as a format .
1% is site security .

Kind of bazaar and disconcerting that my life is being remembered , though wrongly slanted as to be a kick in the shin . If I had your money , my retirement would be more carefree I guess . However I only have my money , live here , and am enjoying my retirement as best I can . You should understand that for the sake of conversation some gripes are emphasized more than they should . It is not as bad as stated all the time , but sometimes it is worse . Sometimes a comparison of one time over another in tendency . Compared to your life , maybe a living hell . I do not feel sorry for myself . I had a 50$ lunch with the Mrs yesterday , and the day before that mixed 250 lbs of concrete to replace a broken step , livin' that American dream .

Just who has more paranoia here , is Sparky you first name or last . While for years I was up1950s Richie , I have months ago posted my whole name .
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 05:48:15 PM by up1950s »

Richie Dost

LV A95089

• Respect: 0
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2009, 01:02:16 AM »
Bringing this thread back on topic, O Scale Trains Magazine has already adopted the policy of offering free .pdf downloads of their sold-out back issues here: http://www.oscalemag.com/docs/dwnld.html.

It's a decent magazine from what I've seen. According to them, it is dedicated to the O scale modeler and craftsman. This is 1:48 stuff, not 3-Rail.

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2009, 12:42:13 PM »
Bringing this thread back on topic, O Scale Trains Magazine has already adopted the policy of offering free .pdf downloads of their sold-out back issues here: http://www.oscalemag.com/docs/dwnld.html.

It's a decent magazine from what I've seen. According to them, it is dedicated to the O scale modeler and craftsman. This is 1:48 stuff, not 3-Rail.

Very cool of them. I'm switching to 1:48!

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2009, 11:17:38 AM »
"This is 1:48 stuff, not 3-Rail."

Actually it is true O-scale not "tinplate".  3rd Rail running has been an O-scale and O-gauge tradition for years, dating back to the early AC motors.  While a lot of folks do model with 2 rails there are also still folks who use the 3rd. 

The difference between O-scale and O-gauge is that the "tinplate" models were wide enough to run on O gauged track but their vertical proportions were closer to S-scale, and varied greatly from model to model.

Its good to know that O-scale magazine has back issues on-line... will have to check them out.  Might just glean a few ideas from some of their articles.

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2009, 02:40:46 PM »
I really hate the world's cookie paranoia. It makes my job, as a web developer, much more difficult.

No kidding.

It took me years to recover from a certain oth3r paranoid model railroader's uninformed rant on the Atlas board about cookies.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2113
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2009, 03:39:32 PM »

No kidding.

It took me years to recover from a certain oth3r paranoid model railroader's uninformed rant on the Atlas board about cookies.

Just for the record , I never mentioned the word Cookies , I was more concerned with eviler parasites of the unasked for , and unwanted kind . Data Munchers and Identity Kidnappers are my concern . In-house trackers are an accepted thing , and if done in a friendly way cause no harm and are unfelt .

Richie Dost