Author Topic: Fox Valley Models: Boxcar Height  (Read 4203 times)

Robbman

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
Re: Fox Valley Models: Boxcar Height
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 10:49:19 PM »

Tom,
I am having a hard time understanding your example above....higher than the inside part of the floor....but upside down. It seems a bit too Zen or possibly Jedi for me. Could you expand on this a bit, as I just don't get it. Will this be covered in your upcoming book "Lowering"?  ::)
Thanks, Dave

The bolster that is filed should end up just slightly higher than the floor (see above photo).

The bolster should be slightly higher than the center sill of the car (the beam(s) that run(s) down the length of the car) ... that's what he's trying to say.

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1249
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 12:09:43 AM »
It would be nice if some company like Aztec milled underframes to the correct ride height. I don't mind doing myself, but I would like the consistancy and profesional results that a propert lathe or drill press produce.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7957
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 12:23:31 AM »
Let me fix that for you
It would be nice if some company like Aztec milled underframes to the correct ride height made their cars to the correct ride height.

Yes yes, I know, MTL trucks, blah blah blah. But you know what this points to? One more way that MTL is actually RETARDING the development of N scale.

Robbman

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 12:44:21 AM »
Let me fix that for you
It would be nice if some company like Aztec milled underframes to the correct ride height made their cars to the correct ride height.

Yes yes, I know, MTL trucks, blah blah blah. But you know what this points to? One more way that MTL is actually RETARDING the development of N scale.

Soon my child...