Author Topic: My Christmas present is gonna be late...  (Read 1567 times)

3rdrail

My Christmas present is gonna be late...
« on: December 16, 2008, 10:05:43 AM »
Just looked on the Kato website and Kato has announced that the RR NW2 (as well as GS4 #4453) is shipping December 22, 2008. Don't know whether that's from Oak Grove, IL, or Japan, but either way it won't make it out to San Rafael, CA, and back to Florida by the 25th!! ;D ;D ;D

Oh well, maybe the IMRC IHB boxcar I ordered from Chuck in August 2007 will be in San Rafael by the time the NW2 shows up.  :-\

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1242
    • Modutrak
Re: My Christmas present is gonna be late...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 04:21:23 PM »
Oak Grove, IL?  Is there a hobby shop in the quad cities area, Rock Island County, that I don't know about?

3rdrail

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 05:06:54 PM »
Oak Grove, IL?  Is there a hobby shop in the quad cities area, Rock Island County, that I don't know about?

Well, where is Kato, USA??  ??? I thought that's where they were.  :-X

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 05:37:41 PM »

Well, where is Kato, USA??  ??? I thought that's where they were.  :-X

Kato USA, Inc. 100 Remington Road Schaumburg, IL 60173

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=41.988077,-87.901611&daddr=Oak+Grove,+IL&hl=en&geocode=%3BCf-FQ9IF-RPyFZPkdwIdtgOa-g&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=8&sll=42.000325,-89.230957&sspn=2.93912,4.87793&ie=UTF8&z=8

« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 05:42:42 PM by up1950s »

Richie Dost

jerwayne

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 07:37:19 PM »
I was told that the date is the day they will be shipped to the distributors. That means waiting until after January 1. Reminds me of waiting when I was a kid!

Jerry

Walkercolt

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 12:58:54 AM »
I think you can stand on the corner of one intersection and walk to Buffalo Grove, Schamberg, Oak Grove, and Prospect Heights by crossing the street in different directions. Bizzare suburbs of Chicago out that way. A long time ago, I was up there for a photography school. You drive up that diaganol running road(Prospect Drive?) and go thru about 6 or 8 little "towns". I stayed in the Holiday Inn in Prospect Heights(a PIT) for the comapny. The 2 days I stayed there on "my nickel" I stayed in Buffalo Village in a brand new(parking lot not finished) "Royal Lion Inn". I think Red Roof Inns took them over. If I had known how bad the HI was, I would have paid with my own money to stay in that brand-new motel. Saw a few nice places, the Chicago(old) zoo and arborarium, the Museam of Science and Industry, Shedd Aquarium. Found out about April "lake effect" weather when I was going to the big zoo NE of town. 60's in Chicago, the big zoo(Deerfield Park?) was closed do to freezing weather! Didn't make it to the Planetarium and a couple of other places. Did drive up Lakeshore Drive thru all the "ethnic" neighborhoods, and  enjoyed that.

amato1969

• Crew
  • Respect: +831
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 11:37:00 PM »

Skibbe, the two shops I frequent in the QC are Midwest Trains in Bettendorf and Major Art/Hobby in Davenport.  If there's a shop in Oak Grove, do tell!

Frank