Author Topic: Production Photo of Hobbytrain Tamper  (Read 1488 times)

ljudice

Production Photo of Hobbytrain Tamper
« on: November 07, 2008, 05:52:24 PM »
Here it is... BTW, there will be a powered and an unpowered version coming:

bobcat

Re: Production Photo of Hobbytrain Tamper
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 05:59:38 PM »
Love the Rapido. ::) ??? :o

bicknell

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 06:52:31 PM »
The carbody looks decent, if European....

but what is up with those trucks?

ljudice

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 08:08:14 PM »
I would take the couplers off...   Under US union rules, if it has a coupler, it's locomotive and needs and engineer and a conductor. No couplers, a track car "driver".

This is an older model of a machine that was imported to the US.  Plasser America is the US subsidiary of the Austrian company that makes the prototype, and is a major MOW machine producer in the US today.

I am not sure what is happening with those grabs - they look like black paint applied - not freestanding delrin parts added.

I am really inclined to buy one, though it looks like it will have to be taken apart and stripped and repainted.

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +27
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 10:52:43 PM »
Looks decent.  Did they ever come up with a solid price on it?  I took one for the team and cancelled my order.  Should be a neat model.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

ljudice

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 11:22:46 PM »
Eurolokshop.com (in New York) lists them for $144 I think. However, I notice that Lemke, the manufacturer is now saying there will be a non-powered model - obviously for less coming out in November.

I have been watching ebay.de for this, since it is a good way to see when it is actually available, and what the real price is.

Eurolokshop is a pretty good store, and would rank with our favorite n-scale etailers in terms of reliability.

ljudice

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 01:16:21 PM »
Re: trucks - odd looking, but those flat sided trucks are pretty common on Plasser built vehicles like even some of the newer track geometry cars.

ljudice

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 01:42:14 PM »
Time to switch from N-scale ....   To  LEGO!!

Can you believe you can buy a Continuous Action Tamper model for your Lego set??

FloridaBoy

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 04:10:59 PM »
The model at the top closely resembles the tamper used by the Florida East Coast Railway Company down here.  For the past couple of weeks, it has been stored on the storage yard along Dixie Highway right between Boca Raton and Delray Beach.  What a monster.

Ken "FloridaBoy" Willaman