Author Topic: Sunrise enterprises cab signal boxes  (Read 1096 times)

CONRAIL FAN

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
Sunrise enterprises cab signal boxes
« on: October 25, 2008, 10:03:22 AM »
i want to detail my conrail fleet, but i can not seem to locate the sunrise enterprises cab signal boxes. Are they still in produuction or are they a rare find at a hobby store. I checked the net and the bay but no luck.

JEROME

Wlal13again

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
Re: Sunrise enterprises cab signal boxes
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 10:27:23 AM »
Sunrise stopped production a few years back. It was a crushing blow to all PC/CR guys. Walthers has been out of them for some time. I found a few at a train show last year. My advice, if you find them...buy as many as you can. They also had the neat plows with the grab irons on them..
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:28:55 AM by Wlal13again »
You`ll never find a Philly cheese steak on a menu in Philadelphia. It`s called a cheesesteak and we all know where it`s from...

Conrail 1

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 12:48:42 AM »
   I had the same problem when my supply of cab boxes ran out. I took one to the local hobby shop and got a pack of Evergreen strips the same size as the cab box and then cut the length to match the size of the box. Then I took a real fine piece of stranded wire and CA'ed it to the plastic pieces I had cut and used the wire to simulate the bands on the boxes. you can make either the two band or 3 band cab boxes easy and cheap and when painted, you can't tell them from the Sunrise boxes. If I had a camera, I'd show you.

CONRAIL FAN

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 09:32:48 AM »
Nice , that was my next suggestion, if they can be made somehow, but i wasnt able to get ahold of anyso i got no protoptye to go by. Ill try the ATA show here in A-town next month maybe someone got them. Then i can start to make them
JEROME

Scott Lupia

• Crew
  • Respect: +147
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 06:04:26 PM »
If you are not against traveling some distance for parts, drive to Kenvil Hobbies in Kenvil, NJ.  Probably an hour 20 or so from A-Town.  I know Rich has the cab signal boxes plus a great deal more.  He has one of the best selection of detail parts in the area.  These parts are getting hard to come by as we all know.

Scott
"All I wanted was a Pepsi"