Author Topic: New Atlas Catalog  (Read 3177 times)

flight2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +24
Re: New Atlas Catalog
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 04:23:13 AM »
Even with how bad the economy is, I can't believe Atlas did the CW!!!!!! There goes that theory Lou!!!

Eh ... it couldn't have been that much more work to put a wide cab on :)

...can you repeat that slowly please:  illuminated ditch lights.

all together now:  ILLUMINATED DITCH LIGHTS !

Steve,
I wasn't impressed until they threw in the ALTERNATING ditch lights with the DCC versions..... :o  Wow!

Mr. Wallet needs a defibrillator at this point...... :-X

Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)

nscalesteve

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 04:36:44 AM »
I wasn't impressed until they threw in the ALTERNATING ditch lights with the DCC versions..... :o  Wow!

yeah, I'm wondering if they did use LEDs or micro bulbs for this...
...and what decoder brand they did use, LENZ or digitrax or something totally different ?

Dave V

• Crew
  • The Route of the Galloping Goose
  • Respect: +3921
    • Dave Vollmer's N Scale Pennsy
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 09:00:44 AM »
I have to say, that code 55 curved switch is awesome.  I've been leaning toward Atlas code 55 for my next layout, but was concerned that most of the designs I'd been coming up with involved wedging straight turnouts into areas where curved would make more sense.  Now that's a non-issue.  Sweet!

In the short term, however, I've decided against re-laying my current layout from code 80 to code 55; although the economy hasn't hit my monthly paycheck, it does just seem wasteful to take a perfectly operating layout (even if the rails look chunky) and pay good cash to relay all the track.  I've considered "stockpiling" some Atlas code 55 for the future, since the price can only be expected to go up.
Silver San Juan Scenic Line

Member SlimRail Modular Colorado Narrow Gauge
http://www.slimrail.net/

NA Tower

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 09:40:12 AM »

yeah, I'm wondering if they did use LEDs or micro bulbs for this...
...and what decoder brand they did use, LENZ or digitrax or something totally different ?

I'm assuming they are going to use their Lenz decoders.. But I wondering the same thing if they will be LEDS or Micros. I hope they don't put those bright white-blue LEDS in as they did in the HO versions. They looked horrible. Either way, these are going to be nice units.

Thanx

Rob

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +186
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 11:37:53 AM »
Did RF&P really have ore cars?  :o How about Long Island?

My wallet is happy, and I'm sure Mr. Kato will keep it that way. ;D

That re-railer will make somebody happy. :-X

The LIRR had extended side ore cars which were used for ballast . The crews hated them because they tended to tip over . I blocked line on the LIRR is a big big deal .

Thanks. Weird.