Author Topic: Something for ED  (Read 1938 times)

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +42
Something for ED
« on: October 04, 2008, 05:58:28 AM »
Bluford Shops announcement:

http://www.bluford-shops.com/

Still waiting for my Pennsy but that Conrail will go fast.

ai5629

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
Re: Something for ED
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 10:28:10 AM »
I saw this announcement on the A-board.  Interesting scheme.  I think it is a car that was built for the NYC as a Lot 127B.  The paint job leads me to beleive it was painted by the Meadville Shops with left over Erie Lackwanna stencils.  The only change I will make to this car is to give it a more appropriate lube plate for its 1976 paint job.  This will be my first of these cars I will purchase.  Those DT&I's look good too.  I remember seeing those on the Pittsburgh Line in Wilmerding in the consist of PICA, CAPI, and DNES.  All three of those will have to join the fleet also.  Good stuff.  Thank you Blueford!
Jeff Lopez

ai5629

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 11:51:16 AM »
Upon further review, I need to retract something from my last post.  This Conrail car is not an ex NYC 127B.  I am not sure what class it is.  It may be an ex NYC class, but it is definately not a 127B.  My 1984 OER does not class cars in the number series in which this car falls, so that makes me think it is an ex NYC class, but I don't know which one.  It could be an X60, but I don't know the subclass.  I apologize for any confusion.  Maybe Blueford can share the class of this car from the proto photo from which is was taken. 
Jeff Lopez

ai5629

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 09:28:18 PM »
I was looking through some of my Conrail 86' boxcar photos, and I think this car is an ex PRR X60F.  That would make it a PS product, and a perfect prototype for the Blueford car.  My auto parts train has begun.  Thanks Blueford!
Jeff Lopez

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Has a degree in American History & Culture.
  • Respect: +2228
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 11:22:03 PM »
Mmm... these are awesome.

I'm VERY excited.

GonzoCRFan

• Crew
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 12:15:17 AM »
  The paint job leads me to beleive it was painted by the Meadville Shops with left over Erie Lackwanna stencils. 

Absolutely, Walthers did a similar scheme on their HO 60' cars. Gotta love those Meadville boys, they always came up with the most interesting schemes. They couldn't even do the CONRAIL lettering in the same font as the rest of the system's car shops...  ;D
Sean

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 12:39:51 AM »
My favorite part is the canopener made from a hopper stencil.

rswinnerton

• Crew
  • The Anti-Ed
  • Respect: +19
    • Luxury Rail Travel
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 12:25:29 PM »
My favorite part is the canopener made from a hopper stencil.

Ed, Meadville seemed to do that a lot. Here's a pic of a CR G46 Gondola in the deadline at Altoona with the same stencil

Russ
Russ Swinnerton
Dr. of Ferroequinology
www.LuxRailTravel.com

ai5629

• Crew
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 03:54:46 PM »
I don't want to be the prototype police, but the G46 shot you put up was painted by the Reading shops.  I have multiple photos of these cars, and their reweigh/painted date is CRDL which is the Reading shops.  They painted these cars in this scheme starting around May of '81, and continued for a couple of months.  Thanks.
Jeff Lopez

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 04:39:32 PM »
I don't want to be the prototype police, but the G46 shot you put up was painted by the Reading shops.  I have multiple photos of these cars, and their reweigh/painted date is CRDL which is the Reading shops.  They painted these cars in this scheme starting around May of '81, and continued for a couple of months.  Thanks.

You're deputized.

Thank you for your service to the community :D

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +185
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 11:45:58 AM »
Wow, I've yet to see one of these but they're on their fourth release announcement!

Egads I ordered one but I can't remember which one it was!  :P (hopefully they'll be out soon)