Author Topic: Micro Trains October Announcements and Releases  (Read 7155 times)

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5519
Re: Micro Trains October Announcements and Releases
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 01:30:19 PM »
I guess those are Kato trucks. Well I have the Atlas/Tomix track cleaner and it works good and was only $45, it has speed control, and I guess it changes direction with the locomotive pulling/pushing it. Plus the Atlas model isn't shoe horned into a high cube. And it doesn't even look like it fits in there with the body sitting high on the frame (I mean higher than MT's usual ;) )

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 01:31:33 PM »
I'm guessing the speed and direction control blurb only relate to the disc (clockwise or counter-clockwise).

Woohoo!

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 03:09:56 PM »
I'm guessing the speed and direction control blurb only relate to the disc (clockwise or counter-clockwise).

Wipe on, wipe off...

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 03:22:14 PM »
Turn the pad 90 degrees and you have a powered boxcar!

;)

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1128
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 03:38:50 PM »
If you go to the MNP Inc site, they advertise "the only DUAL motorized track cleaning car in other scales.  I believe someone at MT just took that copy and left off 'dual' since it appears to only have one motor.

Jason

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 03:55:52 PM »
If you go to the MNP Inc site, they advertise "the only DUAL motorized track cleaning car in other scales.  I believe someone at MT just took that copy and left off 'dual' since it appears to only have one motor.

But MT left it in their list of features. "Dual high-torque electric motor." What is a dual high-torque electric motor, anyway?

TrainCat2

• Crew
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +802
    • TrainCat Model Sales
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 04:39:41 PM »
Turn the pad 90 degrees and you have a powered boxcar!

;)
Faster than the Acela!!
Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1128
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 05:03:00 PM »
But MT left it in their list of features. "Dual high-torque electric motor." What is a dual high-torque electric motor, anyway?

They probably didn't know what it was either.

I bet this product is %100 MNP Inc. with a Micro-Trains shell.  I doubt anyone at MT could even answer a question about it.

Jason
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:04:57 PM by wcfn100 »

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2897
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 05:20:01 PM »
I guess MT's marketing department was tired of making up snow villages so they had to go ahead and make up false claims about being the "ONLY" motorized track cleaning car... Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tomix beat them to the punch on this one...

Yes, but Tomix / Atlas motorized track cleaning cars are not made in the USA .. and we do owe it to them to support them.

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 05:52:57 PM »
I guess MT's marketing department was tired of making up snow villages so they had to go ahead and make up false claims about being the "ONLY" motorized track cleaning car... Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tomix beat them to the punch on this one...

Yes, but Tomix / Atlas motorized track cleaning cars are not made in the USA .. and we do owe it to them to support them.

Trucks by Kato.  ;)

Do track cleaning cars really work better than the alternatives?

Anyone here ever used products like Aztecs? (hey, it's made in the USA)

http://www.aztectrains.com/pages/TrackClean-NZ.html

Mark

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 06:40:35 PM »

The best track cleaning cars I've used are cheap homemade jobs made from boxcars and Masonite blocks: Countersink two nails into a rectangle of masonite a little wider than the track (with the smooth side facing up), glue a lead weight to the middle of the Masonite block, and drill two holes in the frame of a boxcar. Stick the nails into the holes, drop it on the track, and drag it around.

Some folks swear by Aztecs, but I've found them to be a waste of money, along with nearly every other commercial track cleaner. The Tomix cleaners are good for sucking up loose debris, and that's about it.

Chulvis

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +5
    • http://www.featherrivertrains.com
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 12:28:35 AM »

Trucks by Kato.  ;)

http://www.aztectrains.com/pages/TrackClean-NZ.html

Mark

Mark:

I use an Aztek on my shop layout. It does a good job, however I am one that believes a little elbow grease with a bright-boy is a must every now and then. To me, track cleaning cars (all of them) are good in between deep cleaning stop gaps and nothing more.

Rub that track the old fashioned way, it's the only way.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 12:31:18 AM by Chulvis »

Walkercolt

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 01:52:37 AM »
Are we turning into a bunch of "A" board snipers? Complaining about stuff you haven't seen or tried yet? I know there are many MT hater's out-there...that's your right. Yes, you can nit-pick MT's ad on semantics, but read it for what it SAYS, and it's accurate. The Atlas/Tomix car isn't a box car is it? I cringed at a Honda motorcycle ad offering "the first 4 vavle per cylinder big V-twin". That honor went to the 1903 Excelsior(know someone who has an '06, and have ridden it!) but the Honda WAS bigger cc-wise. I know everyone's tired of the "silly season"(elections), and the economy is worrying most of us, but find some other forum to take it out on, please. It's like I've said forever. If you don't like something(car, cola, beer, whatever) that's why there's other brands, but don't complain about something you know nothing about. And why run down stuff you don't like? Say you don't like it, if you must, then leave it alone. I can get some 150mg. Valium to pass around to everybody. :-X

Chulvis

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +5
    • http://www.featherrivertrains.com
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 02:02:29 AM »
Ricky,

This is just a little lively discussion. Nothing like we see on some other boards. Kick back and have some fun buddy...oh and consider this...

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 07:47:31 AM »
Chuck and a Disco Ball? I think I'll start going back to church. ???