Author Topic: Kato L-1 Conversion  (Read 2835 times)

dougnelson

• Crew
  • Respect: +2064
    • PRR N Scale
Re: Kato L-1 Conversion
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »
Bob:  Sure I remember you.  You have been to several PRRT&HS meetings, haven't you?

By the way, were either of you who posted the photos the one who had photos of there PRR layout in the Keystone Modeler? 

Yes, that was me in the Keystone Modeler.  That is not ALTO in the background, that is my scratch-built HUNT Tower.

Doug.

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 11:40:16 AM »
Bob:  Sure I remember you.  You have been to several PRRT&HS meetings, haven't you?

By the way, were either of you who posted the photos the one who had photos of there PRR layout in the Keystone Modeler? 

Yes, that was me in the Keystone Modeler.  That is not ALTO in the background, that is my scratch-built HUNT Tower.

Doug.
When it's held in Harrisburg, I try to attend. 
Bob

ai5629

• Crew
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 02:07:16 PM »
I thought it was Alto.  Either way, it looks good.  My father and I really enjoyed the Keystone Modeler photos a while back.  Your layout is done very well.  It really caputures the flavor of the PRR in the 1950's, according to my father.  He grew up along the mainline in Homewood, (Pittsburgh) PA during the 40's and 50's, so I consider him an expert!  On a side note, do you feel the PRRT&HS takes we N scalers seriously?  I always felt they (HO and O scale guys) looked down their noses at N scalers.  At least the ones we associated with here did.  I told them to enjoy there 10 car freight trains, I mean locals.  Thanks.
Jeff Lopez

3rdrail

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 02:32:25 PM »
I thought it was Alto.  Either way, it looks good.  My father and I really enjoyed the Keystone Modeler photos a while back.  Your layout is done very well.  It really caputures the flavor of the PRR in the 1950's, according to my father.  He grew up along the mainline in Homewood, (Pittsburgh) PA during the 40's and 50's, so I consider him an expert!  On a side note, do you feel the PRRT&HS takes we N scalers seriously?  I always felt they (HO and O scale guys) looked down their noses at N scalers.  At least the ones we associated with here did.  I told them to enjoy there 10 car freight trains, I mean locals.  Thanks.

Funny, I don't think of the PRRT&HS as a model railroad organization at all. Yes, I went to the convention last year and exhibited some models, but certainly did not feel that anyone "looked down their noses" at any particular scale.

But then again, I worked for the PRR and was interested in sharing PRR experiences with others more than any modeling aspects of the convention.

dougnelson

• Crew
  • Respect: +2064
    • PRR N Scale
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2008, 02:48:35 PM »
the Prrt&hs has come a long way to serve modelers in recent years. A large majority of them are HO, but there are a number of n scalers.  We need more n scalers to demonstrate prototype modeling and share their work in articles and other forum to show what is possible in N.