Author Topic: Rail Model Journal  (Read 3939 times)

Allentown Hump

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Re: Rail Model Journal
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
Was wondring when they be going out of bussines. Whoevr was doin the proff reading their was dong a horible jod!
A-Town Hump

"I believe the technical term for you would be 'a$$hat extraordinaire'."

FloridaBoy

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Re: Rail Model Journal
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 11:22:14 AM »
I was a RMJ fan in the late eighties when I really settled in on my re-planted layout in my new home, a family, and some organization in my life-all my trains and other toys were in my garage.  I liked RMJ because to me, they appealed to that river-counting prototype modeler in all of us.  I ain't one, but I think there are some genes which give me an appreciation for modeling, and more insight and great photos of trains I loved. 

If I remember correctly, it was RMJ that first, did a very nice engine re-motor to a Bachmann Reading 2-8-0 with a Sagami Can Motor.  I rushed mine, and didn't to that well of a job, but a friend did a great job, and today it is one heck of a runner.  Took an old Bachmann, and made a "Kato" from it. 

The other project was taking 2 HO Tyco cabooses, and making them into a very nice PRR N8 caboose. I still have copies of these articles in my former layout scrapbook.

Hate to see these smaller specialty mags go.  These are tough times.

Ken "FloridaBoy" Willaman