Author Topic: Something New From KATo  (Read 3070 times)

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +584
    • My train pics
Re: Something New From KATo
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 04:06:29 PM »
Wow, that ES44 sure looks like an SD70ACe  ;D

Good news for N scalers in general, and me in particular. CP doesn't have any of the 70 series and CN has SD70M-2's... saves me some money until they do the M-2!

ljudice

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 09:06:38 PM »
Ha!!! 

I was told by a very reliable person that they were told FIRST hand by Kato about the ES44!

I think the MTH announcement and the clearing up of licensing, etc... probably moved the SD70ACE to the front burner. A lot of people think MTH bought the T55 tooling, since MTH says EIGHT separate bodyshells and they are obviously not known for being so careful with details.

nscalesteve

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 07:14:22 PM »
A lot of people think MTH bought the T55 tooling...

does that mean that T55 will soon be a thing from the past... ?  :-\ what's about OMI ? first the economy and now they will sell even less brass N scale SD70ACes now after the Kato announcement...  :(  I don't like the drives they use in their models but I hope they will survive...  :)

ljudice

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 07:52:43 PM »
Steve, as I mentioned over on Atlas, I hate the OMI drives...  And the only N-scale thing I ever really "lost money on" were OMI locos.

I wish they would concentrate on stuff like Cabooses and odd MOW - spreaders, flangers, ballast cleaners, rail grinders, etc...