Author Topic: Staging: Discovering a Design Flaw  (Read 4521 times)

SirTainly

• Crew
  • Respect: +54
Re: Staging: Discovering a Design Flaw
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »
I like that, it would definitely solve problem of trains not appearing to return from the place they exited.

keystonecrossings

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
    • Middle Division Musings
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2008, 06:44:49 AM »
Lee,

Been a while since you discussed "the next room" -- the one "below" on your drawing...

What about keeping the current yard for run through staging (coal/hopper trains) and put two new loop stagings in the other room, below what you already have planned for that room?

Then you wouldn't have to undermine your current scenery to make new connections, etc. It might also afford more flexibility, plus perhaps the ability to fiddle, if need be.
Jerry Britton, PRRT&HS #6111
PRR Middle Division in HO Scale - http://jbritton.pennsyrr.com
Keystone Crossings - http://pennsyrr.com

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5412
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2008, 09:20:34 AM »

The issue of putting staging in the next room is problematic on several fronts.  First, odds are, I'll be building out the Cumberland section well before I can start work in the next room, so the opportunity is there.  Second, even when I add the extension to the Connellsville line, it will still end at the same location, so the staging would still have to be under Cumberland or the existing yard.

What will work would be to add staging in the next room for Rockwood Jct. so the Grey Trains and Laurel Valley traffic has some place to hole up.  Of course, the ultimate goal is to extend the layout fully into the next room and include a live interchange with the LRV with another yard at Ligonier...  But that's a horse of a different color...

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net