Author Topic: July 3, 2008 (Thursday) Proto Photo topic  (Read 3557 times)

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5394
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: July 3, 2008 (Thursday) Proto Photo topic
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 09:23:36 AM »
Steve, thanks for that shot of 302.  I was on the Board of Directors back in the late 80's when the WMRHS obtained the rights to that locomotive, and it's taken almost 20 years of wrangling with first Guilford (D&H) then CP Rail, then Conrail, followed by NS and CSX to finally get her on her way home.  She'll be headed to Belington to be restored in the shops of the West Virginia Central.

Dave, the station is right off of 136 as you approach Pylesville Road.

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 03:00:38 PM »
I'll have to send Dave Foxx on a mission to Whiteford, MD to see if this old Ma & Pa wreck is still in existence.  I shot it back in the 90's

Lee

Lee,

The freight station in Whiteford, Maryland is still there, although it has probably lost a few more clapboards since the 1990s.  What I'll call the northeastern facade (the gable end facing away from the camera in your picture) looks like it has lost some of its vertical siding.  So I wouldn't necessarily describe it as weather-tight.  I took my camera with me, but there was no chance to take any good pictures.  In your picture, the area around the building is wide open and perfect for pictures from all sides.  Today, unfortunately, a local business is storing sheds and gazebos around the building and there was even a delivery truck parked next to the structure.  I guess the good news for you is that it's still there, if you need measurements.

Dave

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5394
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 03:40:32 PM »
Good to know it's still there.  Thanks for the update.
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net