Author Topic: 4 N Scale  (Read 4840 times)

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
4 N Scale
« on: June 28, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »
Any body have any input on this place?

I placed an order for Z scale product and said I would call with the card info.Well I've called about a dozen times now since Wednesday and all I get is his voice mail.

I'm not dissing on the guy I just want to know what is going on so I can get my Z scale stuff.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

wendell camp

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Re: 4 N Scale
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 01:40:11 PM »
Catt is it possable he is at the convention? Wendell
wendell   NHRA#59

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 04:39:28 PM »
Had nothing but good dealings with them.  Like the fact you can always check out what you have on order, new orders, old orders, etc.  And like was said, is probably at the convention.  Hold on a little longer and I'm sure it'll get straighted out.

mirage

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 05:12:23 PM »
I'm trying to get my E-Mails answered since a few weeks because I preordered an Atlas D&RGW GP30 and haven't the slightest information if it has already been shipped or how the status of my order is;-(

So I can understand and share CATT's disappointment with 4 N-Scale.

mat
"reality distortion field"

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 06:02:33 PM »
Had nothing but good dealings with them.  Like the fact you can always check out what you have on order, new orders, old orders, etc.  And like was said, is probably at the convention.  Hold on a little longer and I'm sure it'll get straighted out.

Same here--was dealing with them for years. Then a few months back I received an item damaged in shipment. A half-dozen emails asking for instructions on returning merchandise went unanswered. I checked around and several other 4Nscale customers were all having the same problem. This went on for some time; I saw website updates, so I knew the business was still going, but emails continued to go unanswered. I'm afraid they lost a customer.

Catt

• Crew
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »
I don't care if he is at the convention the least he could have done was posted that he was going so we would expect some delays.

Oh well it looks like he won't be keeping me as a customer for long. :(
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

chuck geiger

• Crew
  • Las Piedras Railroad - Destination Desert
  • Respect: +2388
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 12:17:18 AM »
Feather River Train Store! - I look at other guys from time to time and wouldn't use them when
Chuck's stuff comes in two days and if he doesn't have it, he tells you with a call or email. I am
sold on FTRS. Remember - Most of these internet model train stores take your order, then they
order the merchandise, then they ship it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 12:21:19 AM by chuck geiger »
Chuck Geiger
provencountrypd@gmail.com

wes_sutton

• Crew
  • Respect: +450
    • http://www.users.bigpond.com/grms
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 01:31:27 AM »
Remember - Most of these internet model train stores take your order, then they

Think that statement needs a bit more back-up.

I've used 4N scale, N Scale Supply, Wig Wag, MB Klein and would say that is definitely NOT the case with any of these.

Have had 100% perfect service from 4 N scale, with both old and new owners, over the last 6 years with all stuff consigned down under.

They have had some web site problems and family emergencies of late, though I thought these were behind them.

Wes   

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 09:05:37 AM »
Remember - Most of these internet model train stores take your order, then they

There may be some that operate like that, but I've never done business with any. In most cases, I get second-day delivery on items in stock. If they were re-ordering my order like you claim, I'd have to wait a week. I've gotten to know the owners of several of the many online shops with which I regularly do business; some are paired with brick-and-mortar stores, so it's guaranteed they don't work like that.

I use Feather River, too. Great service! Likewise I get great service from M.B. Klein, Brooklyn Locomotive Works, Monster Z Scale, Euro Model Trains, Paradise City, Z Train Things, Reynaulds... the list goes on. And I deal direct with many manufacturers: BLMA, Hay Brothers Garage, Miller Engineering... all great guys.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 09:20:01 AM by David K. Smith »

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 11:21:49 AM »
I know they are in the process of launching a new website.  I have had some delays to email, but I have always had good luck just calling once or twice a day till I caught Wayne.  I think it is just him and one other newhire.  They have always stuck to their word when I have talked to them.  They were even very professional when I cancelled a pre order, unlike another shop mentioned here.  I have used all the ones listed and I have had good luck.  They always seem to be a little cheaper but you wait a little longer.  So how important is that 3-7 bucks?
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Catt

• Crew
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 04:55:10 PM »
Still it seems to me that he could have posted that he was going to be gone to the convention (if indeed that is where he is) or he could have said something when we talked on the phone.

As for the website he said "I really do need to do a new website" Personally I think it works just fine (except for the email link) but he has a spot dead center up top of page for site news and did not use it.

I have not given up on him and will not do so till the close of business on Tuesday,at that point I will take my business and money elsewhere.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

ljudice

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 01:32:44 AM »
Not to defend anyone - just adding something here... Did anyone having email trouble with 4nscale directly let them know this was happening?

I have a small consulting business - mostly internet development and hosting. The wife and I subscribe to the cable company's "premier business" service - about a 20 Mb/s downlink, since we both work almost exclusively from home. My outgoing email server is at the cable company. Incredibly, for four months - I - the cable company (comcast) and my hosting company have been trying to debug an email problem that stops ANYONE on comcast from sending email to my domains on my hosting company. It's been proven not to be be some sort of blacklist or spam filter issue. In 20+ years in this business it is honestly the first time that I have been totally stumped.

The amazing thing is that I would never have even known about the problem until conicidentally I picked up two clients who also used Comcast. There is a good chance it has never worked properly - and who knows what mail was lost.

So far it's a total mystery - escalated to third level support - with no resolution. In fact, it's scary!

Don't EVER assume email is working!!!

Lou
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 01:43:43 AM by ljudice »

Catt

• Crew
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 02:16:13 PM »
Lou,
  I alreadyknew there was an email problem which is why I called him in the first place.I think I should have kept him on the line while I did the shopping cart then I would not (hopefully) have had this problem.

Anyway I am about to call him again as soon as I post this message.I am hoping this works out ok this time because with his prices I can spend quite abit in his shop.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 09:25:07 PM by Catt »
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

Catt

• Crew
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 09:29:49 PM »
Ok,
  I called like I said I would,and I connected like I hoped I would, and the stuff is now paid for and hopefully on it's way shortly to the Grande Valley Railway headquarters.  ;D

I asked him if he was at the convention and did not understand his reply but he sounded like he wasn't exactly feeling 100%.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

Catt

• Crew
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 06:00:16 PM »
OK now I'm dissing the guy,here's the timeline

6-25-08 I placed the order in the shopping cart and said I would call with the cc info

6-30-08 I finally get a hold of him and give him the cc info.Said he would get the items in the mail right away.

7-7-08 They call me to tell me they are ready to ship but don't have the card info.After checking our checking account give them the card info a second time.

7-11-08 (yes today) Get email from UPS that they had taken delivery of the package today.

I do believe I will find another source for my Z scale items. >:(
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made