Author Topic: InterMountain apologizes for delays.  (Read 1863 times)

3rdrail

InterMountain apologizes for delays.
« on: June 15, 2008, 11:31:39 AM »
InterMountain's website is down, so I have borrowed this from the Wig-Wag website:

June 13 -- Intermountain has posted an announcement regarding the delays in delivery that we feel is important to re-post here:

"We are experiencing delays in shipment of some items. Our aggressive approach to announcing items that are not complete at the time of the announcement has resulted in significant delays in shipment when production is not completed as anticipated. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing, and pledge to do better in the future. For some time we may have to hold back announcements until we are absolutely certain the production will be completed in time to meet the shipment schedule."

Looks like the folks at IMRC are aware of the complaints.

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
Re: InterMountain apologizes for delays.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 11:44:53 AM »
Good for them . We can't have it both ways . We clamor to have the inside scoop on proposed stuff , we then shouldn't feel like a bird pooped in our eye when glitches cause unexpected changes . PCM was a exception as the stuff wasn't late , it just wasn't .

Richie Dost

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5412
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 12:13:15 PM »
This is an important step in the restoration of their reputation, in my opinion.  The first step to a cure is to admit you have a problem...

I wonder if they'll start getting specific as to what is being held up and for roughly how long?

(in other words, will I need to choke up $200+ in August for my F units?.. Or can I expect them under the tree in December?)

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 12:59:40 PM »
Cudo's to Intermountain for saying what they did. Well Done !
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1128
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 01:06:25 PM »
Now there's your lipstick on a pig.

Oh, me so sorry. I rule you!

They should apolgize for the lift rings on their F units.

Jason

TiVoPrince

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 01:09:26 PM »
Can we
now get a general apology for the tunnel motors?  Didn't think so...
Support fine modeling

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
"This is an important step in the restoration of their reputation, in my opinion."

A better step would be to make sure the models are right when they are shipped out.  It is a shame that there are some really great models available that are marred by poor assembly and poor attention to detail.  Admitting that they are late is a no brainer... admitting that they need to do better, and doing it... now that will restore their reputation.

Walkercolt

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 11:09:52 PM »
IM's internal problems haven't helped anything. If you don't know, they had a number of employees leave and start their own model train company. That had to have a ripple effect. Learning to deal with the Chinese hasn't been a walk in the park either. You tread a razor's edge with the Chinese, of getting what you need and offending them, which is easy to do and gains you nothing. I know IM's trying to straighten things out, but that takes time and when you've promised products by a certain date and miss it, that hurts your credability with customers.

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8552
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 08:33:33 AM »
Well, I have a bad habit of giving out second, third, and fourth chances...

Seems to me if we want Intermountain to survive and thrive, we ought to take them at their word when they admit to a mistake and suggest they wish to correct it.

Compare that to the apology we got from PCM for 5 years' worth of delays for the PRR M1....  Oh, wait, that's right...

No, this was a good move for Intermountain.  They're people just like us.  They screw up too sometimes.

But I do hope they can correct some of the issues on the SD45-2 before the next run.  For that, though, I'm not holding my breath...