Author Topic: DT400R speed control questions  (Read 1489 times)

Erik W

• Crew
  • Respect: +715
DT400R speed control questions
« on: May 19, 2008, 08:28:10 PM »
My layout has been non operational for a couple of months while I did major scenery work.  After cleaning everything up and getting trains running again, I noticed something odd about some of my locos when being controlled with my DT400R throttle.  When I select the locomotive, a 28 shows on the LCD display instead of the usual 128.  Then when I use the throttle to accelerate (or decelerate) each click jumps the speed display up by multiples of 3.  Meaning from a dead stop the LCD on the DT400R displays 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, etc.  The actual locomotive also accelerates/ decelerates accordingly in corresponding leaps rather than smoothly.  Anyone have any ideas why this is occurring?  Some locos do it and some don't.  Also, as far as I can tell, when I'm using my DCS50 Zephyr to control the loco, the locos don't have this problem.  Is this something that I need to reset on the DT400R throttle or something I need to program on the decoders?  If so how do I go about doing that?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Erik
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:32:22 PM by Erik W »

Erik W

• Crew
  • Respect: +715
Re: DT400R speed control questions
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:53:51 PM »
I like the Digitrax Yahoo group.  They've always been able to help me out.  Apparently something caused all the lead locomotives that were part of a consist to be in 28 speed step mode rather than the 128.  I corrected the problem on the programming track using the Zephyr.  Now everything is fine.

Erik