Author Topic: More on IMRC F7s  (Read 1001 times)

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +528
More on IMRC F7s
« on: May 16, 2008, 08:05:15 PM »
Well I stripped the paint off the ARR F7. The rivot strips reappeared on the left side. I reformulated the yellow to better match the decals and took extra care repainting the engine. This time, the paint was only about 2/3 the thickness of the last attempt.

Lo-and-behold the left side rivot strips disappeared again. The strips are much shallower then on the right side. Even with a think cote of paint they dissapear.

So mny question now is, for those who own IMRC F7s, does your model have this same defect?
Celebrating 1000 days of humiliation.

amato1969

• Crew
  • Respect: +45
Re: More on IMRC F7s
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:12:38 PM »
Sorry, no help here -- I'm still waiting on the Lehigh Valley F7s.  I'm curious to hear about other people's shells.

Frank

David Leonard

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 09:52:30 AM »
It's hard for me to see them clearly, but it appears that the fireman's side rivet strips are slightly thinner, although the rivets themselves appear to be the same size and depth. It also looks like the rear strip on the right side is thinner than the other two. On my F7 it is barely noticable--and not definitively so at that.

CVSNE

• Crew
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 04:46:33 PM »
It's hard for me to see them clearly, but it appears that the fireman's side rivet strips are slightly thinner, although the rivets themselves appear to be the same size and depth. It also looks like the rear strip on the right side is thinner than the other two. On my F7 it is barely noticable--and not definitively so at that.

I don't have one in front of me so I can't comment on the specifics, but from you (and Daniel) are describing sure sounds like the side inserts were shimmed unevenly.

Marty
Modeling (or attempting to model) the Central Vermont circa October 1954  . . .