Author Topic: InterMountain delays...whassup??  (Read 3010 times)

3rdrail

InterMountain delays...whassup??
« on: May 10, 2008, 05:27:25 PM »
I've got two InterMountain cars on order with Chulvis, an IHB boxcar and a Baker's Chocolate express reefer. Both were originally scheduled for a February-March release. IMRC updated its delivery schedule today and the boxcar is scheduled for June and the reefer for July-August!

Is the Chinese factory that assembles the cars "stiffing" them to make toys or are there other, perhaps financial, reasons behind the delays?  IMRC sure is missing the delivery dates by a wide margin these days, whatever reason, and the boxcar isn't even new tooling.

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: InterMountain delays...whassup??
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 11:19:31 PM »
At the risk of being flamed again, this can't be a surprise..... the FP7's are still "at sea".... they are now, by my calculation 16 months delayed; and four announcements in, they haven't landed, nevermind shipped to the LHS and Internet stores the first release........

But nevermind me, I have been told to "give IM some slack".... after all, they are not PCM..... or Kato....

Im can "do no wrong" in the minds of many...... not in my mind but............
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Erik W

• Crew
  • Respect: +715
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 12:18:19 AM »
IMRC is the most amateurish and poorly run company I have ever worked for.  These delays come as absolutely no surprise to me.  The only surprise is they haven’t gone out of business yet.

Erik

Walkercolt

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 12:25:09 AM »
Gregg, IM has had some major internal changes, with people going to another train company. I understand there can be delays, and maybe they're trying to make certain things are "right". I don't know anything certain beyond that. All of the reasons for the delays would be guessing on my part, and all could be valid or all could be wrong. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it's money, or the lack of it. That's usually the reason for delays in any business, from model trains to airliners. Just a guess. ???

Walkercolt

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 12:26:53 AM »
Erik, ever worked for GM? ;D

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 02:05:37 AM »
3rdrail, I would try e-mailing them.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

3rdrail

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 10:28:34 AM »
3rdrail, I would try e-mailing them.

Two reasons not to:

1. I would have no way to ascertain whether or not I had received an honest answer.

2. It would not give other Railwire members the opportunity to bloviate on the subject. Things were sort of quiet here.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 11:05:03 AM by 3rdrail »

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 10:49:26 AM »
I feel your pain.  I have been waiting for the release of the Intermountain C&O coaches for at least a year.  The part that frustrates me most is that they keep pushing the proposed release date back usually one month at a time.  If they know they are not going to release them next month then push the release date to something more realistic, instead of leading us on.  They keep teasing me at their own risk; by the time they actually release the passenger cars, I may have moved on to model something else and no longer have the need for them.   ;D

Dave Foxx
Rising Sun, Maryland

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

CoalPorter

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 11:28:38 AM »
What about the stock cars ?
Those are almost a year late too. ???
or did I miss the first release?
Positive Trading Post With JustTraincRaZy, Railhead, OldBillIndy, Freighttrain

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 12:31:35 AM »
  I have never seen the Rio Grande version of the C & O coaches, last fall when I checked with Tex N Rails they said they still had my order ,but cars had not been released yet. Don't get me going about       FP-7's have a bunch of them on order,thought I would atleast get WP's since the Model Power ones became Vaporware in WP scheme. Don't get me wrong IM has produced some nice products ,but the wait can be forever. Hope it is not true for AC 12 Cab Forwards.                                                              Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah.

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 05:31:37 PM »
I can deal with the delays ... if they deliver.

The FP7s I have on order were supposed to arrive last August originally. Still waiting for my F7B replacement shell.

I have some IM models that are essential for what I model (4750s are greeeaaat! and I like the AC Centerflows too)

Mark

Allentown Hump

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 05:49:56 PM »
IMRC is the most amateurish and poorly run company I have ever worked for.  These delays come as absolutely no surprise to me.  The only surprise is they haven’t gone out of business yet.

Erik

Damn, tell us how you really feel...  ;)
A-Town Hump

"I believe the technical term for you would be 'a$$hat extraordinaire'."

Erik W

• Crew
  • Respect: +715
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 08:28:38 PM »

Erik

Damn, tell us how you really feel...  ;)
I realize that's a little abrupt, but on re-reading what I wrote, it's still valid.  As Matt and Marty would probably agree, (but have more tact and diplomacy about keeping mum than I do) IMRC had great potential.

Erik

Walkercolt

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 12:19:46 AM »
Erik, I think I'm glad I'm not privy to the internal workings at InterMountain. Heard some things from people who aren't there anymore(I won't name names, no need to complicate things more), and they weren't too happy. I'm always sorry to hear any MR company having problems. Stuff happens. :(

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 09:39:09 AM »
IMRC is the most amateurish and poorly run company I have ever worked for. 
Erik

Probably typical of many model railroad companies ...

Mark