Author Topic: Now I can Complete my Florida Streamliners !  (Read 1474 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Now I can Complete my Florida Streamliners !
« on: May 05, 2008, 01:38:03 AM »
  With the recient release of the Con Cor Budd observation car it is now finally possible to complete my Florida Streamliner Consists. The car is a pretty accurate model of the"Navajo" built for the first lightweight Santa Fe Pooper (Super) Chief of 1936/37. the model follows Con Cor's standard construction methods for their Budd Cars, one piece body ,standard light blue interrior ,snap in windows , black floor /underbody with correct details. Unfortunately Con Cor has used the same postwar Budd trucks that have been used under both their smoothside and Budd cars forever. Only way to get the correct prewar truck would be to rob one from a Kato pre war Budd Coach and figure out how to adapt or take off a brass car either Oriental Limited or Pecos River Brass.                                                                     This car finally provides a good stand in for the round end Budd tavern Obs cars found on prewar Florida streamliners ,Seaboard, ACL, and FEC. Post war FEC cars had blunt ends. My nice Life Like Red & Yellow FEC E Units and my equally nice Life Like Purple & Silver E Units can now come out of storage. Con Cor offers all their Budd cars in FEc and ACL with unique Purple letterboards. Now if I could just get Con Cor to do Seaboard to go with Life Like's wonderfull Citrus Paint Schemed E-6's all will be well. I did buy a number of Undec silver Con Cor Budd cars including the new obs car ,but I'am afraid no one makes Seaboard decals in N. All of Con Cor's Budd cars and their PS Santa Fe Pleasure Dome car now can be prdered with Micro Trains couplers inslalled for a few dollars more in cost.  Nate Goodman (Nato).

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7845
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Now I can Complete my Florida Streamliners !
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 08:33:37 AM »
No way Nate! I had no idea you were a NY-FL Streamliner fan!

I've been thinking about doing one of those for a while, but always wuss out.

God knows I have enough FEC power for the thing! (2 E9s and 2 ABs of E7s). I've got two coaches and two sleepers, but they just don't look right with all that power ahead of em.

Which train are you thinking about doing?

Do you have the "By Streamliner from New York to Florida" book? What about Speedway To Sunshine? They're both great resources.

TrainCat2

• Crew
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +799
    • TrainCat Model Sales
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 02:03:13 PM »
Ed, your such a Seth-aholic!

They have meds for that now.

Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 02:20:11 PM »
Here you go Ed.  Now get to work on them.

http://unionstationproducts.com/florida_east_coast.html

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 01:56:34 AM »
  Wow ! Those carsides are mighty tempting, I might have to give up my generic train of Con Cor Budd cars and get more proto specific.  Nate Goodman (Nato).

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7845
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 09:49:12 AM »
Ed, your such a Seth-aholic!

They have meds for that now.

AAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I know. But, given the circumstances, who wouldn't be?