Author Topic: The Model Railroader's Guide to …  (Read 831 times)

bsoplinger

The Model Railroader's Guide to …
« on: February 25, 2008, 07:28:19 PM »
I got one of those email alerts where Amazon.com 'suggests' items to you based on past purchases …

I know now that The Railwire earns money if I make an Amazon purchase using the link at the top of the page …

I happened to have one of the "The Model Railroader's Guide to" books in that email alert and noticed it was about 1/3 off. Looked and saw a number of the other ones were also 1/3 off.

Which brings me to my question. Do any of you folks have recommendations as to which, if any, of the Model Railroader's Guide books are worth buying. Seems at a 1/3 off at Amazon I can't go wrong.

Thanks
Brian

Norm P

Re: The Model Railroader's Guide to …
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 07:30:31 PM »
I should get the one for DCC.  I'm so dumb when it comes to electricity I couldn't shock myself if I licked an electric fence.

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Oh, it's an Owl!
  • Respect: +530
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Re: The Model Railroader's Guide to …
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 07:43:33 PM »
I have two Industry ones, the Freight Car one and the Freight Yards.  I like them all.  Hard to really compare them becasue of the content.  If I had recommend just one it would be the Freight Yards, but that probably because I like track planning.

I wish the Coal one had more info on the thousands of local dealers (especially in the midwest for me).

Jason