Author Topic: Nate Goodman Layout Photos at N-Scaler Dot Com  (Read 1222 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +106
Nate Goodman Layout Photos at N-Scaler Dot Com
« on: February 23, 2008, 02:47:25 PM »
   More photos like this are now posted in the Gallery Nate Goodman (Nato) Layout recient photos at N Scaler web site http://www.n-scaler.com. Thanks to Mr. Outcome Based Bob Gilmore for the photos. He used Hell and Gone Focusing. There are also photos of how these bridges were modified.                        Nate Goodman (Nato).

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +1522
Re: Nate Goodman Layout Photos at N-Scaler Dot Com
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 03:02:35 PM »
Interesting truss configuration . Is there an actual prototype for all diagonal braces to be laying the same way ? I like the different colors , but one I would have left un-weathered , as if just painted . Some nice stuff in the photo gallery . Thanks for sharing .
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 03:22:29 PM by up1950s »

Richie Dost

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +106
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 01:26:15 AM »
   The bridges are based on Union Pacific Railroad Prototype bridges in Weber Canyon, Utah. The closest bridges to what Bob modified them to resemble are located at Croiden ,Utah for many years one was painted silver, the other green, then one was partially repainted for awhile. The bridges in the canyon have never been very clean looking. The Riverside section on my layout is modeled after the Devils Gate Tunnel area where photos show twin tunnels, and twin bridges,there is no third track or tunnel where my branch line is and of course no railrioad station .                                                                            Nate Goodman (Nato).

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +1522
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 02:09:49 AM »
Thanks Nate , I was unaware the twins were in Weber Canyon . I have some shots somewhere , but at the time they were taken they were both silver IIRC  . Thats always a problem  with modeling , most things change over time , and finding out what things were at a particular decade is a pain . Usually one gets the truth shortly after they already built and painted it . Nobody else knows the error 'cept the the owner , and it will eat at him till he does it over . Now I have to be aware . I knew of the crossover to left hand running and that big deck truss bridge in Weber , but not these . Thanks again .

Richie Dost