Author Topic: Custom Dry Transfers  (Read 2034 times)

railbuilderdave

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Custom Dry Transfers
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:45:01 PM »
Does anyone know where to get custom Dry Transfers made or if there is equipment I can purchase to create my own dry transfers that are professional and last.  I find I would like to create my own art or other items and have them turned into dry transfers and I'm looking for the best way to have this done.  I've found a few options on-line but they are costly and I would like to be abel to make my own.
rbDHD
============================

bsoplinger

Re: Custom Dry Transfers
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »
I know this was discussed a bit when CDS announced they were closing shop.

Short answer at the time was: It was expensive to do dry transfers. It was toxic, with lots of chemicals the EPA makes you do lots of special things with. It wasn't feasible to have a do it yourself dry transfer setup.

Sorry.

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5399
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Custom Dry Transfers
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 03:17:09 PM »
I got some done at Advance Litho in Baltimore.  That was about 20 years ago, though.  There was a graphics shop on St. Paul Street near Mt. Vernon, Alpha Graphics, I think it was called, that also did them.  Not sure if either is still around.  They're very durable, I'm still using the ones I got all those years ago...  As I recall, they weren't terribly expensive, either.  I took them the artwork and they did the rest.

The large "LAUREL VALLEY" and the car number are from that set, I did this car about three years ago.  The other markings are from various Micro Scale decal sheets.

Lee
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:18:54 PM by wm3798 »
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net