Author Topic: Airbrush Choice  (Read 1886 times)

scootbird

Airbrush Choice
« on: July 27, 2007, 08:18:30 PM »
N scale locos and rolling stock - which airbrush is recommended for weathering.  Intend on using Poly Scale RR colors and just got an Iwata Silver jet?  Any suggestions?  The Badger 200NH I have tried just doesn't get it right.  Any insight appreciated.

???

nscalesteve

Re: Airbrush Choice
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 10:31:52 PM »
stay with the iwata brand and try the Eclipse HP-BCS...

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 07:14:36 AM »
stay with the iwata brand and try the Eclipse HP-BCS...

I second this suggestion.

scootbird

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 11:34:26 AM »
Thank you for the replies.  BTW Tom, Chuck says to say hello!  Apparently you be the weathering "man!"

railbuilderdave

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 03:28:13 PM »
I know this an old thread but being new here I'm trying to get up-to-speed with everyone else on this forum. 
I’ve been airbrushing since back in high school (20+ years ago) and I’ve used so many different kinds of airbrushes and I find that the Iwata makes the best ones.  I have a Thayer-Chandler, Iwata HP-SB plus (I’m a south paw), Paasche VL, and the Paasche AB Turbo.  I find I do 99.9% of my work with the Iwata and only use the Turbo for really really fine work.  I like this one with the small color cut because when you paint with an airbrush you don’t use much paint and it’s really a faster clean-up.  As anyone that has used airbrushes can tell you, you’ll spend more time prepping to paint and cleaning the airbrush then you will painting with it.  Hope this help and isn’t too late for someone thinking of buying an airbrush.
============================