Author Topic: GP15-1  (Read 13671 times)

nwline

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
Re: GP15-1
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2008, 11:24:29 AM »
Does anyone have an idea of when Atlas will have these out ?  also as far as chopping the frame on your GP-38's , I model the Milw. rd. and wanted a sound decoder in one of my pair of GP38-2's . So I happen to get my hands on a pair of SD-26 frmaes , had one milled by Aztec ( for sound ) and added SD-35 fuel tanks ( detailed w/ MP-15 air tanks )  and no frme chopping ! It's really to bad Atlas does not do a better job at stocking parts ( frames, colored handrails , etc. )   

kiwi_al

• Crew
  • Respect: +359
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2008, 01:30:06 PM »
That's on my "someday" list. Mostly because I'm going to have to cut the metal frame, and I'm currently not setup for that type of work.

All you need is a hacksaw and a file to tidy it up afterwards, cutting up and modifying mechanisms is not very hard to do.  ;D

3rdrail

« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2008, 02:33:43 PM »
Does anyone have an idea of when Atlas will have these out ?  also as far as chopping the frame on your GP-38's , I model the Milw. rd. and wanted a sound decoder in one of my pair of GP38-2's . So I happen to get my hands on a pair of SD-26 frmaes , had one milled by Aztec ( for sound ) and added SD-35 fuel tanks ( detailed w/ MP-15 air tanks )  and no frme chopping ! It's really to bad Atlas does not do a better job at stocking parts ( frames, colored handrails , etc. )   

Since it is not even officially announced, I suspect it will be the fourth quarter (Oct., Nov., Dec.) of 2008 at the earliest before these reach shops. The C40-8 is offically announced and it's not due until August.

Chulvis

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +5
    • http://www.featherrivertrains.com
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2008, 11:47:36 PM »
Since it is not even officially announced, I suspect it will be the fourth quarter (Oct., Nov., Dec.) of 2008 at the earliest before these reach shops. The C40-8 is officially announced and it's not due until August.

I'm with 3rdrail on this. Atlas has a much better track record than some other manufacturers for announcing products and actually releasing them in a timely manner. I'd start planning (saving) for them now so you can get all you need when they are released. I hope Atlas will offer these in three numbers like they have been doing in their front line products for a while now...oh and undecs as well.