Author Topic: Weekend Update 12-30-07  (Read 5054 times)

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
Re: Weekend Update 12-30-07
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 05:14:11 PM »
my big achievement was that I ordered Corel Draw for Dummies ...

In my "spare time" I've been learning it, but I don't have much spare time, and I'm stumped on something basic at the moment.

Hopefully the book will get this dummy through it, and help me get a certain person off my back about the project I'm learning it for!

Mark

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5508
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 05:24:09 PM »
I downloaded Corel Draw and started some tutorial that came with it. It was a step by step on making a coffee shop sign. The colors kept coming out wrong even though I was following directions. Plus my version looked freehand while the demo sign looked perfect. They didn't seem to tell you how to do that.

Anyways I gave up and don't feel like buying a program that I may not figure out how to use.

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 05:29:15 PM »
I downloaded Corel Draw and started some tutorial that came with it. It was a step by step on making a coffee shop sign. The colors kept coming out wrong even though I was following directions. Plus my version looked freehand while the demo sign looked perfect. They didn't seem to tell you how to do that.

Anyways I gave up and don't feel like buying a program that I may not figure out how to use.

It is widely known to have a steep learning curve. I have quite a bit of experience with other graphic software, so I wouldn't call it intuitive.

Norm P

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 05:37:32 PM »
I chased down UP 1988 on the CNO&TP...

That's the division that runs through my neck of the woods.  I would have liked to run down to Danville and grab a few shots of it, but I had family obligations.  I started work on my first N scale structure, the Walthers grain elevator.  I'm going to try to paint and weather it as I build it, that seems like it will work better than building it then weathering it.

Also bought a DCC loco and a starter DCC set, the Digitrax Zephyr.   I got the thing running, but I can't reprogram the loco i.d., as easy as the instructions make it seem, so it's still the default 03.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 05:42:58 PM by Norm P »