Author Topic: The Official What did Santa bring you thread  (Read 7900 times)

slickwillie

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
Re: The Official What did Santa bring you thread
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2007, 09:19:10 PM »
Got a COOL new intermodal book from a good friend, published this year. Also a "chipper" - a promise to chip in for the Big Boy when it comes. And snow - a genuine white Christmas!

SquirrelHollow

• Crew
  • Grease Monkey
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2007, 07:14:44 PM »
I don't hate cordless tools.  I just hate cheap cordless tools.
As of now.... I don't think I own anything else 'cordless'.  I've either broken, stripped for components, given away, or trashed all of them.

SquirrelHollow, I thought the "even-fire 3.8L" was the worst GM V-6 ever made, but the 2.8 is probably a close second. ANY inline 4 GM ever made was a mistake. Busted knuckles on 3.8's and 4 bangers of my cousin's. I used to be his mechanic, but I retired. Kinda shame, since he's got a big Mercury with the 4.6L...not another worn-out piece of crap....yet. ::)

I'd like to submit a correction.  While reading the new replies to this topic, I realised I had forgotten about a very important automotive milestone.  You know... one of those stones that gets half way up the hill and rolls back down on you.
The Cadillac V8-6-4 holds my vote for worst engine ever.  Never heard of one have ya?  There's a reason.

The GM 2.8L V6 holds a very solid second.

I've never worked on the old 90* 3.8s.  The 60* version, though, I have a lot of experience with.  I really respect that engine.  Terrible accessory design, but they run forever and get nice mileage doing it.  Man, that hurt to say.  I hate GM.
-Robert

Uintah Railway, Utah Railway.

qantaqa

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2007, 07:46:30 PM »
santa brought me nothing rr - related...  :'(

however, a midnight snack while playing one of my presents (Call of Duty 4) brought be a bad case of food poisoning, i think, and so now I'm a size 32 again.... :-[

but, late arriving cards brought enough cash for an order to walthers or something... gotta re-read that steam question thread when i feel better...

cheers!