Author Topic: 2007 Goal Review and 2008 Goals  (Read 2944 times)

Iain

• Crew
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +345
    • The Best Puppers
Re: 2007 Goal Review and 2008 Goals
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 04:23:24 PM »
Well Lee, I feel your pain.  If there are no new houses under construction, then I can't wire them.

Well, I got both boats fixed, sold one to pay for a good bit of my college, and I am renting the other one out.  No ocean-going layouts were built.

I now have enough track to build a small layout.  The previous one I gave up on for fear of future lack of space (two car garage to myself that in a couple of years will no longer be available).  Instead of building a steel mill, I have decided to focus on local railroading, and with that goal in mind I have started modelling Newport, NC.  I need to finish that by the end of February for the New Bern show.  Luckily I can build the layout in such a way that I can change eras by changing vehicles and trains.

Build an N-Track module.

Build, at the very least, an AS-616 since it does not appear that I can do an AS-416 without scratchbuilding trucks.  Paint said AS-616 for Norfolk Southern.

Build an NS railbus.

Build a Ten Wheeler, A&EC.

Do an NS E3 2-8-0

A&EC 2-8-0
A&NC 2-8-0 (Have two tenders and one locomotive, to change roads swamp tenders.  Numbers were the same)

Finsih my NS F1 Berkshire.

Build the rest of the Beaufort and Morehead Whitcombs.

A&EC diesel fleet- SW1, two 44 tonners, 25 ton Plymouth, GP7, RS1, two F2As

Possibly do the 4-4-0 that A&EC inherited from A&NC in the late 1930's that was built before the Civil War.
Thanks much,
Mairi Dulaney, RHCE
Member, Free Software Foundation and Norfolk Southern Historical Society

http://jdulaney.com

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 05:01:28 PM »
Well, I didn't post last year, but I did accomplish a lot of the goals I had set including losing about 30 lbs and getting work done on the layout...maybe not everything but decent progress all things considered.  Of course, there were many goals I didn't reach, too.

This year, much of the same.  My personal goals include more weight loss, a significant move of domicile, a new job, and finality to a life-changing event that has been a clouD over my world for the last year and a half.

Railroad-wise, probably pretty conservative depending on how you look at it.
-Finish "ROW" of layout.  This is the best way to sum up what I want to get accomplished on my layout and includes all trackwork, wiring, detection/signalling, bridges, and ballast.
-Build layout support/play area- My layout is currently just a framework that is sitting on saw horses.  I have designed a support structure that allows my layout to sit at around 54" (with wiring all concealed and innaccessible from below) while allowing my son to have a play area underneath (~24") for a "layout" which now will be wooden Thomas but will accomodate a Lionel set next year and then whatever else he wants to do with it after that.
-Complete at least one of the major modeling projects I currently have going.
-Attend either the N-Scale Convention or the BN Convention. (they are on the same weekend)
-Meet my obligations for helping with the FOBNR Website.
-Put my websites back online and start organizing and uploading my photos.
-Stay in budget for MRR purchases, which won't be much this year given my personal goals.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1109
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 06:55:16 PM »
1) Make master for CGW GP30 nose headlight and cast (x4)
2)    "       "       "     "    SD40 nose headlight and cast (x3)
3)    "       "       "     "    NE-5 caboose or hope the dollar gets stronger and I can have it done by RPP (I guess that would apply to the above as well).
4) Make my own paint chips for various mixtures of CGW 'maroon'.
5) See if I actually can get undecorated F units from Intermountain.
6) Have an entry into MR's photography contest.
7) Finish what's currently on the desk. Oy :P

Jason

Ryan87

• Crew
  • Stay thirsty my friend...
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 06:58:39 PM »
- I will settle on a prototype (turns out there's a hell of allot of railways in the Midwest :-\ )
Swimming in a sea of Action Red...

chuck geiger

• Crew
  • Las Piedras Railroad - Destination Desert
  • Respect: +2388
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 07:12:36 PM »
1.) Have layout ready for NMRA/PCR Region meet in May.
2.) Build a website for the layout (Help Ed)
3.) Finish wiring.
4.) Develop switch list and car order system.
5.) Plan new layout around the room in N scale, shelf version
of current layout.
Chuck Geiger
provencountrypd@gmail.com