Author Topic: Plasser & Theurer Track Tamper and Liner - in N?!  (Read 2767 times)

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +196
Plasser & Theurer Track Tamper and Liner - in N?!
« on: December 14, 2007, 01:29:51 PM »
I know there were rumors of a now-killed Plasser track tamper project from a European manufacturer, but I didn't really pay attention to them. But today I ran across this - http://steam.to/nsprays/tamper/tamper.php3. Anyone know if this is the same project, or if it's real? At over $200 it's steep, but it looks nice on the web site.
Now seeking Pacific NW N scalers to create a Modutrak-style modular club featuring NP's shared mainline between Seattle and Portland. PM me if interested.

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +254
Re: Plasser & Theurer Track Tamper and Liner - in N?!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 01:35:32 PM »
I've seen this posted before on one or more forums in recent years ...

bsoplinger

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 02:49:04 PM »
Anyone know if this is the same project, or if it's real? At over $200 it's steep, but it looks nice on the web site.

I know I signed up to get one of those from Wig-Wag I believe who was taking pre-orders once upon a time.

Hmm, just searched my outbox, here's the URL describing it, sounds like the same project:

http://www.wig-wag-trains.com/Lemke/Lemke_Product-Page.htm

Notice the huge price difference between then (about a year and a half ago) and now, not all is explained by the dolalr euro exchange rate. That was 200 ish for the assembled model, now that's almost 200ish for the kit!

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +99
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 03:23:42 PM »
Pretty sure these aren't the same.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

ljudice

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 09:37:21 PM »
These are not the same - the N-sprays model is a brass kit, the Hobbytrain model is injected molded plastic with a motor and will be DCC ready.  It will also be around $110.

The story is that a new manufacturer has been found (Lemke/Hobbytrain is more of a project manager/distributor) and will be available in the fall of 2008. Of course they said it would be available in the fall of 2006 in the fall of 2005!

I sure wish Kibri would do some of those HO machines like the tamper and the stabilizer in N!

Why the heck is there so little interest in MOW stuff???

« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 09:40:44 PM by ljudice »

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +99
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 02:13:24 AM »
I wish I knew.  I thought maybe Bachmann would jump in at some point since they've done some stuff in HO.  (disclaimer: I haven't taken more than a passing glance at the B-mann HO stuff so don't jump down my throat about how it sucks, if it does.  It's yellow and looks like MOW equipment, that's about all I know.)  My biggest episode of HO Envy happens when I walk past the booth of a vendor that has been at several local shows with the most absolutely lights-out cool MOW equipment...in HO of course.  He kinda wrinkles his nose when N-scale is mentioned.

I hope to get my hands on one of those kits, but I can't do it right now.  Maybe that's part of the problem, a bit of catch-22...the stuff we have is pricey and maybe doesn't sell real well so others don't make any thinking its not gonna work out.  Maybe a good "value" piece will get the ball rolling.  I initially thought the Lemke release would be the catalyst, but it's (a) 3 years late and (b) rising in price by each year.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +3338
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 03:13:41 AM »
Thought I heard George at WigWag say the model on his site was canceled, but i could be wrong.

ljudice

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 09:18:09 AM »
Chris, the latest info from the German newsgroups is that the project is back underway... Evidentally this was announced at the Frankfurt show a few weeks ago...

Lou

engineshop

• Crew
  • Respect: +20
    • http://www.engineshop.org
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 05:58:38 PM »
According to Lemke Hobbytrain (manufacturer) it is not canceled but postponed.

http://www.lemkecollection.de/product.asp?pID=6693&cID=41

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +254
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 11:44:55 AM »
Hehe Bachmann's got ya covered:

http://www.visi.com/~spookshow/em80c.html

;)

Robbman

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 12:15:31 PM »
Message deleted
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:15:04 PM by Robbman »

ljudice

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 09:02:03 PM »