Author Topic: HO scale Railbox  (Read 6809 times)

GonzoCRFan

• Crew
  • Respect: +117
Re: HO scale Railbox
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 09:10:27 AM »
Tom,

The texture on the side of that car is astounding. Can you elaborate a little more on this sea salt technique?
Sean

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 09:17:24 AM »
Tom,

The texture on the side of that car is astounding. Can you elaborate a little more on this sea salt technique?

Because the amount of comments I received on these two cars is amazing, I'm inspired to write up another PDF with all kinds of details and step-by-step photos.

Pomperaugrr

• Crew
  • Respect: +1197
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 10:49:28 AM »
Tom:

I really appreciate your willingness to share your techniques and the steps involved with your weathering projects.  Your work is amazing and provides a lot of us with the incentive and (most importantly) information needed to try this ourselves.   8)

Eric

Ryan87

• Crew
  • Stay thirsty my friend...
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 07:07:09 PM »
Because the amount of comments I received on these two cars is amazing, I'm inspired to write up another PDF with all kinds of details and step-by-step photos.

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it (oh ya I almost forgot, Do it!)
It would be more than appreciated ;D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 07:08:41 PM by Ryan87 »
Swimming in a sea of Action Red...

Mile 1

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 07:28:14 PM »

I second Ryan's comments.  Absolutely amazing work on this one, Tom.  I think even Mellow Mike would be impressed if he still visited these parts.  I look forward to seeing the tutorial because I'm dying to try this out.

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 09:38:03 PM »
Thanks guys, but I have to take down the images.  There is too much traffic to my website and chicagoswitching is down because of it.

:)

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 09:11:33 AM »

I second Ryan's comments.  Absolutely amazing work on this one, Tom.  I think even Mellow Mike would be impressed if he still visited these parts.  I look forward to seeing the tutorial because I'm dying to try this out.

Me too, the start-to-finish tutorials in PDF, YouTube (or any other media) would be immensely valuable to me, as I am weathering-challenged to the point of inept.  Will you include both HO and N projects?

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2007, 10:14:11 AM »

Me too, the start-to-finish tutorials in PDF, YouTube (or any other media) would be immensely valuable to me, as I am weathering-challenged to the point of inept.  Will you include both HO and N projects?

I am working on a book that I will be selling shortly.  Details soon, but it will cover HO, N, and Z and include some cool things.

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 11:26:58 AM »
I am working on a book that I will be selling shortly.  Details soon, but it will cover HO, N, and Z and include some cool things.

Awwwright!  :) :) :)     This is great news, I'll keep an eye out!  :)  :)

railbuilderdave

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 10:05:24 PM »
WOW, this is what makes me want to model, seeing work done like yours.  Please let me know if you have that PDF or other resource to share.  I would love to see it.
Dave
============================