Author Topic: Wrong Planet  (Read 2756 times)

VGN50

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Wrong Planet
« on: October 31, 2007, 08:01:16 PM »
There is a guy on another website - one of those ones where you buy and sell stuff without going thru e---. who is offering to sell the NSC 2007 convention car for $100.00 plus $5.00+ shipping.  Apparently this is a gondola with Pez candy/dispensers as a load.  I have either gone thru some kind of time warp; or I am on another planet.....help! Help me please...I am losing my sense of reality.

ñiao

Re: Wrong Planet
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:03:13 PM »
Is the candy that good?

Chulvis

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +5
    • http://www.featherrivertrains.com
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 08:08:04 PM »
I saw one of those cars go for $113.00 last week on eBay. Whatever...

BTW VGN50...it's OK to say eBay here. You can even post links to eBay auctions.

eBay, eBay,eBay, eBay,eBay, eBay,eBay, eBay,eBay, eBay,eBay, eBay,eBay, eBay,

See? I'm still here!!  :D

3rdrail

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 08:24:19 PM »
Modelers who collect Micro-Trains cars are level headed and downright penurious when compared to collectors of PEZ dispensers. I always thought the only use for PEZ was to try to unsuccessfully hide a "liquid lunch", but some folks go absolutely billyape over the dispensers. Combine the two collecting hobbies and can you say "tulipmania"?  ;D ;D

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +101
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 08:46:46 PM »
Is the candy that good?

"Hmm... it is if it's
banana flavored..."

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

CoalPorter

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 09:42:11 PM »
Really, eBay was starded by a guy wanting to sell his Pez dispencer collection. So he invented the on-line auction. :o
Positive Trading Post With JustTraincRaZy, Railhead, OldBillIndy, Freighttrain

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 09:43:41 PM »
God help us if they ever do a car with a hotwheels load!

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +37
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 10:02:51 PM »

He'd better bring reinforcements.Micro-Trains collectors are sane rational human beings compared to the serious Hot Wheels collectors.

I never knew that humans could be that bad till I started collecting diecast vehicles.I have seen grown men get into fist fights in Wally World over some ugly little vehicle that most kids wouldn't own if their life depended on it.

It makes me glad that I am a MRR.  ;D
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +965
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 12:27:16 AM »
Maybe this is a Pez that is not really Pez at all . Maybe this Pez  , once its taken , makes you forget about how much you paid for it . Then one could at least understand the outlandish cost . Kinda ticks me off that MTL is in such a position that they could put a pigeon feather in a gondola and demand and get 25 smackers for it . I imagine all the other manufacturers are quite envious of them in that position , with the gold mine in plain site and so far untouchable by all others .

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 01:53:41 AM »
  Can you say Pez,Pez,Pez!Maybe I can locate one of those original dispensers that do not have a character head on it, attach Micro Trains Roller Bearing Trucks to it and make a killing on E Bray. Then again when Pezz re issued the plain dispenser in the early eighties I bought one which is on my kitchen counter as I have always liked the candy but not the campy dispensers. If you think Hot Wheels collecters are a Wild and Crazy bunch you haven't met Japanese Animation (Anime) Figure and Plushie collectors another hobby of mine in addation to collecting and viewing the programs,and yes I wish I had a full size UFO Catcher machine (Japanese version of CLAW machine)to display my Plushie figure collection in.                                                                                                                            Nate Goodman (Nato0. Salt Lake, Utah.

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +965
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 02:09:28 AM »
  Can you say Pez,Pez,Pez!Maybe I can locate one of those original dispensers that do not have a character head on it, attach Micro Trains Roller Bearing Trucks to it and make a killing on E Bray. Then again when Pezz re issued the plain dispenser in the early eighties I bought one which is on my kitchen counter as I have always liked the candy but not the campy dispensers. If you think Hot Wheels collecters are a Wild and Crazy bunch you haven't met Japanese Animation (Anime) Figure and Plushie collectors another hobby of mine in addation to collecting and viewing the programs,and yes I wish I had a full size UFO Catcher machine (Japanese version of CLAW machine)to display my Plushie figure collection in.                                                                                                                            Nate Goodman (Nato0. Salt Lake, Utah.

Now thats just too much info , ....patooie ...... dolls ...... patooie .

haybros

• Crew
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 09:40:20 AM »

Now thats just too much info , ....patooie ...... dolls ...... patooie .

Nate,
You need to call them ACTION FIGURES....... That somehow makes it OK, at least according to my 12 year old...

Bill
www.nscaleloads.com

Iain

• Crew
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +284
    • The Best Puppers
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 07:47:44 PM »
I saw one of those cars go for $113.00 last week on eBay. Whatever...

BTW VGN50...it's OK to say eBay here. You can even post links to eBay auctions.

eBay, eBay,eBay, eBay,eBay, eBay,eBay, eBay,eBay, eBay,eBay, eBay,eBay, eBay,

See? I'm still here!!  :D
*He disappears in a flash of light and smoke*
Thanks much,
Mairi Dulaney, RHCE
Member, Free Software Foundation and Norfolk Southern Historical Society

http://jdulaney.com

SquirrelHollow

• Crew
  • Grease Monkey
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 08:15:50 PM »

He'd better bring reinforcements.Micro-Trains collectors are sane rational human beings compared to the serious Hot Wheels collectors.

I never knew that humans could be that bad till I started collecting diecast vehicles.I have seen grown men get into fist fights in Wally World over some ugly little vehicle that most kids wouldn't own if their life depended on it.

It makes me glad that I am a MRR.  ;D

I worked at K-Mart in highschool.  When new releases were announced, we would have a line of Hot Wheels fans drooling like dogs.  5-10 of them would be lined up at the doors, waiting for a chance to race each other to the toy section.  Only a few times in my life, have I seen grown men act so insanely stupid.  I actually let a guy in after hours once, for a $100 bribe. (yep, I admit it)  I watched him devour 5 full cases of diecast, walking away with absolutely nothing.... but a wallet $100 lighter  ;).

PEZ... well that's a different story.  I have my family buy strange dispensers all the time.  I don't consider myself a collector, but I do have quite a "collection".  I don't display them.  I don't covet them.  I don't think a single one of my friends even knows I have them.  I open the packages  :o, eat half the PEZ  :P, load the rest in the dispenser  :-[, and throw the dispenser in a box full of like items  :o.  Every few weeks, I'll grab a random toon and indulge in some PfeffErmintZ. I'd say I have 90-120.  I've never counted, or cared.  It's just fun to have a tasty treat from the partially decapitated head of Donald Duck.
-Robert

Uintah Railway, Utah Railway.

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 09:10:16 PM »
I sometimes wonder how much money I threw away when I cleared out my sons junk of Pez and Hot Wheels.  The only think I collected as a kid was comic books.  Sure wish I had some of those today.