Author Topic: Paint Matchup Request  (Read 1466 times)

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
Paint Matchup Request
« on: October 19, 2007, 09:39:05 PM »
Anyone know what brand of paint would matchup with Pullman Green used on Pecos River Brass passenger cars.  I accidently messed up on one side and removed the paint down to the brass and need to touch up the side.
Bob

Walkercolt

Re: Paint Matchup Request
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 11:33:48 PM »
Bob, I've seen the Pecos River Brass Santa Fe HW's and they are dark...almost look black under poor lighting. Maybe ScaleCoat would work. I know Polly Scale is far too light, it's lighter than the solvent-based Floquil, and that looks too light in comparison to the HW's we have at the shop. You might have to "roll-your-own" and add some black to some brand of Pullman Green. I really don't know on this one. ???

bsoplinger

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 08:16:32 AM »
They're a small company and I've found most small companies (in the N-scale world) are quite helpful. So just write/call/email them and ask if they have a paint match to suggest.

Walkercolt

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 02:01:48 AM »
Problem....Big John closed Pecos River Brass about 7-10 years ago, and those models were made by KTM of Korea where they were painted, maybe with lead-based paint!(poor joke there) . My boss is a custom painter and ownes the PRB HW's....I'll ask him for his suggestions.

engineshop

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
    • http://www.engineshop.org
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 06:44:54 PM »
Since one side is already gone why not remove the paint completely and start all over?