Author Topic: Follow up to the locked thread of "has anyone dealt with Mocalova Models?  (Read 2725 times)

Train Nutz

Re: Has anyone dealt with Mocalova Models?
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 01:14:25 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(I spoke with Kelly at MMW this morning.

Without going into the details of his private life here I will say that he has has a lot of change going on for the past six months.
He told me that he will have all of his direct orders filled in the next two weeks and will then focus only on dealers orders.

Based on what he told me I can really understand how he would feel completely overwhelmed. Like a deer caught in the headlights.

Lets give him some time. He said two weeks and I think he will live up to his word. I've known Kelly for a long time, way before I opened my shop, and have always known him to be honest.)

It's now October 20th,
          I still haven't recieved my order for the slabs I placed on May 1st of this year. All I can do now is to chalk this up to experience as I don't think I'll see those slabs and/or my money again.  I got screwed but luckily it wasn't for a larger amount of money. So this can be a lesson to all who might order products from private individuals here on the web......buyer beware!
Train nutzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

nscalesteve

So this can be a lesson to all who might order products from private individuals here on the web......buyer beware!
Train nutzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hey nutzzzzzzz...
...it's always nice to see that private individuals get thrown all in the same pot   :(

haybros

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
So this can be a lesson to all who might order products from private individuals here on the web......buyer beware!
Train nutzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hey nutzzzzzzz...
...it's always nice to see that private individuals get thrown all in the same pot   :(

Ditto....

Bill Hay
www.nscaleloads.com

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
How many people are employed  to produce and distribute a product has no bearing on the satisfaction of said product and service .
I have had the best and worst by both large and privately owned company's . N scale would be so much worse without private manufacturers . I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy from one . If a manufacturer ,  be it privately owned or a large company dealt me wrong , I would , in the future need to rethink if I should risk them again . To malign all privately owned manufacturers is not serving N scales best interest , and not thinking things through properly . Your logic is too simplistic to be given any credence to be followed . 

Richie Dost

ljudice

Richie is right, given the small market for detail parts and the kinds of stuff we're all demanding!

I would not hesitate to buy from an individual, and I am sad about the MMW thing because Kel was fantastic to me and I recommended his stuff to a lot of people! I am still hopeful it gets worked out for you...

If I were going to sell something, I would handle it through an established system like an Ebay Store, so that buyers would have more confidence - and to force discipline onto me.

Lou

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
There are a lot of people on the boards who are reliable and are one-persons outfits.  So I would not caution against all private individuals.

bsoplinger

There are a lot of people on the boards who are reliable and are one-persons outfits.  So I would not caution against all private individuals.

I had just posted today on another thread about how I find that most of the small N-scale companies are great folks and quite helpful.

I've talked with the owner of Sunrise, before he got out of the business, and he scrounged up the last 3 sets of Arnold S-2 pilot castings he made for me. I talked to the owner of Fine N-Scale who gave me great help on his Burlington Zephyr kit (and how to make it into a Flying Yankee and even a full set of 1:160 drawings) and made for me 4 sets of his 2 in a box 36' boxcar, all with left hand doors (the normal sets had 1 left hand and 1 right hand door) so I could have a bunch of LV 'wrong way' boxcars. Emailed with Alan Curtis (when he was still doing his kits) and he supplied extra bits to replace ones I lost at no charge. Got a bunch of custom made loads from Hay Bros after talking with Bill about my need for slag loads. The guy who runs Ultimate N-Scale doesn't know much about using computers but managed to get his wife's help to look at pictures I sent him and identified the best match for the LV trailer I was doing to his models. The guy who runs Ngineering has always provided helpful info about wiring up bits and pieces of circuits. The owner of TDP & Associates who make the trainspeed device explained how to use IR LEDs to make the unit do what I wanted it to.

And that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm forgetting other helpful folks from small companies I've dealt with over the years.

So let me chime in also with a comment that there are many one person outfits who are quite helpful and reliable.

Pomperaugrr

• Crew
  • Respect: +1197
One small manufacturer, going througfh a tough personal time should not reflect on the rest of the small manufacturers.  Blanket statements like that serve no purpose.  Please don't lump other fine folks into a stereotype, based on your unfortunate, isolated experience.  Cottage industries are filling many voids in our hobby.

I hope you resolve your problem with a refund or finally getting the products you ordered.

Eric

Atlanticflier

Small manufacturers are people too !

::)

train1

• Crew
  • Respect: +8

I have dealt with quite a few members of this and other Railroad Forums who provided me with outstanding service, quality and more than anything, personal attention - especially when I had the craziest of concepts which were brought to life for me (you guys know who you are).

What I am trying to say is put down the whitewash and let this be a lesson for all.

Do your homework:  get referrals, ask around and give the private guys your business. You'll get better satisfaction from them than from a big company who only wants your credit card number.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8039
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Follow up to the locked thread of "has anyone dealt with Mocalova Models?
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 02:40:22 PM »
Folks, I'm locking this thread until some individuals calm down.

I will also lock any inflammatory follow ups, with extreme prejudice.