Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 324475 times)

Iain

• Crew
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +345
    • The Best Puppers
Re: Introductions
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2007, 09:11:52 PM »
Did I mention that I am a freshman in college and that I have a girlfriend that does HO?
Thanks much,
Mairi Dulaney, RHCE
Member, Free Software Foundation and Norfolk Southern Historical Society

http://jdulaney.com

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2007, 09:52:25 AM »
My name is Jeff.  I have been modeling in N scale since 1984.  I have recently got back into modeling since I finished a nine year remodel of my house. 

Say, I bought my house about 8 years ago, maybe it'll be done by next year! :P

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2007, 09:57:01 AM »
My name is Jeff.  I have been modeling in N scale since 1984.  I have recently got back into modeling since I finished a nine year remodel of my house. 

I spent five years renovating a house before I could start a layout... and then I had to move less than two years later!

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2007, 10:10:14 AM »

I spent five years renovating a house before I could start a layout... and then I had to move less than two years later!

Torture. We plan to stay put for at least 5 to 10 more. By then I'll be ready for a new layout (it's a theory).

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2007, 05:29:53 PM »
My turn? Oh OK,I'm Johnathan AKA Catt. I've been here a little over 3 years.I model in N,HO,and 0n30.I've been in HO since about 1960,N since 1993 this time,and I've got about 10 years in 0n30.My current layouts are all in N scale though I have both Ho and 0n30 layouts in the design stage.

I am a diehard freelancer with a somewhat serious proto bent.Actually the only thing I take serious is my family the rest of the world is really one big joke.

I spend time on forums like this one because I believe you can never learn enough and you guys have taught me some reeally neat sheet.  ;D
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

Caleb Austin

• Crew
  • Respect: +522
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »
 Hi I'm Caleb Ive been on here for about a year and a half. I've built 5 layouts(...well, more like one layout in many transformations ;) .)
Finaly I just cut my 2 x 6' layout in half and recicled the foam into a new layout. now im modeling the ATSF in lamy new mexico with
handlayed c40 track. it should be cool.

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +350
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2007, 06:04:13 PM »
I live in Maryland and have met some of the more interesting (well, more interesting than me, at least) characters on this board in person.

Considering I live in Maryland, I guess that makes me uninteresting. Shucks...
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Zox

• Crew
  • Respect: +2
    • Lord Zox's Home Page
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2007, 09:03:57 PM »
I live in Maryland and have met some of the more interesting (well, more interesting than me, at least) characters on this board in person.

Considering I live in Maryland, I guess that makes me uninteresting. Shucks...

I did say "some of," not "all of." :)
Rob M., a.k.a. Zox
z o x @ v e r i z o n . n e t
http://lordzox.com/
It is said a Shaolin chef can wok through walls...

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2078
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2007, 12:55:57 PM »
Here is me in Vermont Streamtown in 1974 ish visiting the Big Boy 4012 . The Big Boy has moved and is the same size , and looks better than ever , I have not . This was taken within a year or two of my marriage which is still ongoing . I am now 61 and still a UP fan .

« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 01:02:34 PM by up1950s »

Richie Dost

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +996
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2007, 04:53:44 PM »
Nice pants, Richie. ;D

nscalesteve

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2007, 05:09:02 PM »
Did I mention that I am a freshman in college and that I have a girlfriend that does HO?

Iain, we are all happy for you that she only does HO and she isn't a HO...   ;)

Bangorboy

• Crew
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2007, 06:29:43 PM »
Hi,

Been lurking for a while now.  I think it'll be a while before I build anything I'll want to post pictures of here.

Got interested in trains about age 8 from a neighbor kid's Lionel layout.  Never had room to set up anything, but hung around a local hobby shop so much the owner left me in charge of the shop while he went to shows a couple of times while I was in high school.  Started collecting N scale stuff while in the Air Force during the '60s.  After I retired from active duty and got a civil service job where I wouldn't be moving around, I joined an NTrak group and built a module --yet unfinished.  I am starting a 10 X 14 around the walls layout now.

Bill Blinn
South Okaloosa N Scalers
Bill B
Drole & Lake Connick RR
N Scaling in South Okaloosa

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2078
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2007, 09:18:08 PM »
Nice pants, Richie. ;D

I was 6 foot and about 160 pounds there . I couldn't get a leg in those paints now at 240 ish thanks to a diet of steroids I had to be on for years . I used to like those white bell bottoms then , being that I was just out of the Navy in 67 . They do look bad now though . That was a very hot day , near 100 IIRC , so white was my choice being that the old Buick didn't have AC and the trip was about 2 or 3 hours . Still , a dumb thing to wear going to a rail museum .  :)

Richie Dost

chuck geiger

• Crew
  • Las Piedras Railroad - Destination Desert
  • Respect: +2388
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2007, 05:03:18 PM »
Howdy - This is Chuck, I defected from the TRAINS forum. I have built three large layout, in HO and now in N scale. I am a scenery buff and model The Southern Pacific. Love Western roads. I did live in Bethlehem, PA for 6 years, then Wichita, KS and now Fresno. Been all over the country. I am in radio broadcasting and program a Country station in Fresno, CA - www.bigcountry1027.com - I hooked up with Ed a few weeks ago after seeing CONRAIL 1285 I became a big fan.
Chuck Geiger
provencountrypd@gmail.com

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +996
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2007, 09:22:20 PM »
Welcome new guys!   ;D