Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 211286 times)

TMatt253

• Respect: +7
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1245 on: March 18, 2020, 09:18:04 PM »
+1
Hi all,

I'll keep it short and sweet. I've been a reader of the site for awhile as a guest and finally joined with the intention of starting a thread for my n-scale layout. Recent graduate of college so some time for the layout and the elusive blog seemed to be more available, alas I joined a couple months ago and I'm finally getting around to get this started.

I originally got into model railroading with HO scale as a little kid, but renovations to the house and being a just a kid at the time the trains went into storage without much debate. A few years ago I wanted to get back into the hobby and try my hand at a layout, and n scale seemed to be the perfect fit. And now here I am! I hope to be a meaningful contributor and likewise I hope being a part of the forum can teach me new techniques and motivate me to model to new heights.

Trevor

DeltaBravo

• Crew
  • Respect: +146
    • N-Scale and other interest
« Reply #1246 on: March 18, 2020, 09:53:06 PM »
Welcome aboard @TMatt253
David B.

Member WMRHS

https://undara.wordpress.com/

Bob

• Crew
  • Respect: +138
« Reply #1247 on: March 18, 2020, 09:56:07 PM »
Welcome Trevor!  You will find lots of information on this site, and many people who take the time to answer questions.  Best, Bob

TMatt253

« Reply #1248 on: March 18, 2020, 11:08:46 PM »
Thank you for the welcome replies!

Now this may seem like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer for the life of me - how many posts do I need before starting a thread in the layout engineering report section?

Thank you in advance and apologies for my rookie move with this one haha.

Trevor

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +2627
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #1249 on: March 18, 2020, 11:53:15 PM »
Thank you for the welcome replies!

Now this may seem like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer for the life of me - how many posts do I need before starting a thread in the layout engineering report section?

Thank you in advance and apologies for my rookie move with this one haha.

Trevor

Hi Trevor,
I saw that you did successfully post a message in the Layout Engineering section.  I wonder if it is the photos that cause you trouble.

If you go to the FAQ section ( https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?board=41.0 ), there is a sticky thread which shows all the new member's limits/restrictions. But it also might be possible that Tom has introduced some new restrictions.
--- Peteski de Snarkski

-"Look at me, I'm satirical!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm anal retentive!!!"
-"Look at me, I have the most posts evahhhh!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm snarky!!!!"
-"Look at me, I have OCD!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm a curmudgeon!!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm not negative, just blunt and honest!!!"

TMatt253

« Reply #1250 on: March 19, 2020, 11:11:02 AM »
@peteski thank you, this is what I had been looking for!