Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 326278 times)

Andrew Hutchinson

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1035 on: September 20, 2015, 03:06:08 PM »
Good to see you posting here Tom. Looking forward to seeing how the layout progresses.

Cheers,

Andrew Hutchinson

Mastertech

• Crew
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #1036 on: October 16, 2015, 05:24:43 PM »
+1
Hi guys!
My name John and I'm from Northern new Jersey I've been building a N scale layout for sometime now. >they never tell ya in the magazines that it would take this long!!<< but yeha!! it's coming out awesome!! my layout is 1 1/2 levels the lower half is a 10 track code atlas double ended staging and this loops up to a main line that goes around the 12X16 train room, most of the main line is code 55 and the sidings and yard are code 40, all turnouts and code 40 trackwork is hand laid (yeh without a FT template too) I can't wait to share some of my tried true techniques with you guys, some of you guys out there may now me from other sites.
 But main thing this year is i'm looking for visitors to come over and help set up for operations and most valuable input,I've also joined opsig and planing on visiting operating layouts but the main thing is getting my layout set up for operating, IT's not easy, and the construction list goes on and on!!
 SO!! if any of you guys are from the TRI-STATE area and want to run some awesome fine scale N scale then pm. me.
I'll be posting pictures when i learn how to, so watch for new threads from me.
JOHN

Palouse51

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #1037 on: October 16, 2015, 08:50:25 PM »
Welcome aboard John. Looking forward to seeing what you are working on. That combo of code 55 mains and code 40 hand laid sidings etc should look really good.

Mastertech

• Crew
« Reply #1038 on: October 16, 2015, 11:32:08 PM »
try again, but no edit button.

hows that!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 01:13:41 AM by GaryHinshaw »

Mastertech

• Crew
« Reply #1039 on: October 16, 2015, 11:42:42 PM »
one more shot, this is the lower part of the layout coming out of staging
all trees are hand made from 16 guage wire, bridge scratch built, rock castings in back round are from taking molds of coal from PA, fore ground rocks are from gathering up fromroad side rock cuts in PA, back round trees are furnice filter. soon as i get better at this site I'll be posting more threads.
Thanks
JOHN

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #1040 on: October 17, 2015, 01:15:39 AM »
Welcome Mastertech.  Beautiful scenery!

BobRunty

• Crew
  • Respect: +49
« Reply #1041 on: October 24, 2015, 12:44:40 PM »
Hello, Bob here from N.Illinois. Been lurking for a few years and since I spend so much time here I finally signed up. After the obligatory childhood Lionel, I started modeling in N scale in 1973. After a few years I switched to that Horribly Oversize stuff but saw the light about three years ago and switched back to N. I guess I finally succumbed to my first love after always checking out the N scale stuff at the LHS.
Anyways, just have a small oval layout now since I mostly enjoy detailing and painting locos and rolling stock. Would like to build something more substantial layout wise in a few years after hopefully retiring. I've learned a lot about N scale from lurking and hope to be some help down the line.

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
« Reply #1042 on: November 01, 2015, 10:02:53 PM »
Welcome Mastertech.  Beautiful scenery!

Yea John, what he said!
And welcome on board!
More pics please, either in weekly update or layout engineering.
Otto K.

YouraverageSPF

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #1043 on: November 06, 2015, 11:43:04 AM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Thomas (or Nscaleguy1 if you've seen me on youtube). I am an n scale modeler who has a love for the Pennsylvania Railroad due to family ties to the company. I thought I'd join so that I could communicate with others who share my interest in model trains. Right now, I'm working on a video on the fictional railroad that I'm modeling (a class II in central New Jersey). I'd rather not say anymore, as I want to keep it a surprise.

Hope to have fun here on the Railwire!  :D

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
« Reply #1044 on: November 06, 2015, 12:00:58 PM »
Welcome, Thomas!  I think that you'll find that you don't just share an interest in model trains with the modelers here, but there are a number of SPFs here, too.  Look forward to seeing your work.

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

eric220

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Continuing my abomination unto history
  • Respect: +607
    • The Modern PRR
« Reply #1045 on: November 08, 2015, 04:42:24 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Thomas (or Nscaleguy1 if you've seen me on youtube). I am an n scale modeler who has a love for the Pennsylvania Railroad due to family ties to the company. I thought I'd join so that I could communicate with others who share my interest in model trains. Right now, I'm working on a video on the fictional railroad that I'm modeling (a class II in central New Jersey). I'd rather not say anymore, as I want to keep it a surprise.

Hope to have fun here on the Railwire!  :D

Welcome to the collective! Always good to have another SPF in the mix.  :D  I look forward to hearing more about your project.
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

conrail1973

• Crew
  • Respect: +104
« Reply #1046 on: November 15, 2015, 08:36:09 PM »
+1
Hey,

I'm Adam, and I finally have the time to introduce myself.  I've been modeling on and off for the last 30 years, and I've spent the last 8 years modeling in N Scale on a 30x80 HCD.  I've also been following the wisdom from this board for a few years now.  It's been a slow process with a family and other interests, but I have started a layout that will allow me to run a good operations session for 30 minutes.  I've been a big fan of CR, NYSW, CNJ, LV, and EL from a historical and modeling perspective.  Maybe I'll start another thread on my layout at another point.  Thanks!

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4614
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #1047 on: November 20, 2015, 11:42:15 AM »
Hi Adam,
it is nice to see you becoming a full-fledged member of TRW.  I'm looking forward to seeing more postings about your layout.
. . . 42 . . .

DeltaBravo

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +189
    • N-Scale and other interest
« Reply #1048 on: November 25, 2015, 10:35:22 PM »
Hi Adam,
it is nice to see you becoming a full-fledged member of TRW.  I'm looking forward to seeing more postings about your layout.

Welcome Adam we look forward to seeing more of your layout.
David B.

Member WMRHS

https://undara.wordpress.com/

atarimoe

• Respect: +1
« Reply #1049 on: December 30, 2015, 01:54:10 PM »
+1
Hello everyone,

My interest in model railroading was re-sparked recently after some reminiscing about the layouts that I used to set up with my dad when I was growing up -- Nearly every year at Christmas, we would set up a 4'x8' HO layout, and occasionally we would set up his old O Gauge Lionel Lackawanna train from when he was growing up. It has been nearly 15 years since we did that (My parents moved into a house without a good space for model railroading and I went to college) but I am pondering getting back into the hobby in some capacity.

I have been gravitating toward N Scale as opposed to the larger scales I grew up with because of my current living arrangements -- my current job requires me to move with some frequency. Also I have my doubts that my current housemate would appreciate a large layout.

For now, I am looking at what is out there as far as possibilities in N Scale, especially with DCC and the possibility of using some of the recent Arduino and Raspberry Pi computers to control trains and lighting. It will probably be a while before I begin buying or building, but I am grateful for the opportunity to observe and possibly to contribute some thoughts.

Sincerely,

Matthew (atarimoe)