Author Topic: Randy's powered refer done  (Read 2044 times)

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
Randy's powered refer done
« on: October 04, 2007, 03:20:47 PM »
Randy's powered refer project is now declared done . The powered one is on the right . I managed to make it even lower than the stock car on the left . It will blend in with no outward sign that it is powered and pulls like a bear ( equal to the Erie Blt ) . Thanks Randy , this worked perfectly .

Richie Dost

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
Re: Randy's powered refer done
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 03:24:44 PM »
I've been following that on TB. 1st one I've seen that doesn't look like crap!  8)

seusscaboose

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +190
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 06:04:56 PM »
Well done!
"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

bsoplinger

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 12:46:41 AM »
Randy's powered refer project is now declared done . The powered one is on the right . I managed to make it even lower than the stock car on the left . It will blend in with no outward sign that it is powered and pulls like a bear ( equal to the Erie Blt ) . Thanks Randy , this worked perfectly .

Did you use the stock Tomytech motor or go with an Atlas motor for it?

up1950s

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 01:43:20 AM »

Did you use the stock Tomytech motor or go with an Atlas motor for it?

Stock tomytech motor with 4 diode's en each direction .

Richie Dost

amato1969

• Crew
  • Respect: +831
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 05:25:08 PM »
Awesome job.  Most that I've seen have looked like they were hacked together.  You have to look *really* close to see the roller bearing journals on the powered car.

bsoplinger

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 11:43:05 PM »
Awesome job.  Most that I've seen have looked like they were hacked together.  You have to look *really* close to see the roller bearing journals on the powered car.

And the Tomytech sideframes are snap on. They can be trimmed to get rid of the bottom right angle so that the 45 degree angles piece is at the ends and they'll blend in even better.

up1950s

• Crew
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 11:51:53 PM »

And the Tomytech sideframes are snap on. They can be trimmed to get rid of the bottom right angle so that the 45 degree angles piece is at the ends and they'll blend in even better.

Yeah , I noticed that at the photo shoot , and may do thet yet . Or I could acc on the origional refer sideframes . But for now I have moved on to making a decission about another project .

Richie Dost