Author Topic: Motorbikes in N Scale  (Read 4776 times)

bobcat

Re: Motorbikes in N Scale
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 10:06:10 AM »
Bobcat, I know the Evo-engines with fuel injection ain't anything like a PanHead. But I'll bet my 1964 SuperHawk will still take your Hog on the top-end. The Tulsa Police Department bought Harleys against the low bid of the GPz-1300's and people who have out-run the cops say the Hogs still top out at 93MPH. The Gpz1300 will do 178 with all the cop equiptment on them. The cops don't even bother too chase Suzuki Hybusas...at 203MPH only a Lambergini can touch them.

No doubt most of the imports can top out my hog, but that wasn't why I bought my Roadking. I've had my share of bikes with speeds approaching the ridiculous, but that will only get me in trouble or probably killed in the long run. :P I cruise along at 70-80 mph on the highway with no problems and have all the lower end I need. ;D

Walkercolt

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 11:30:17 PM »
I'm just jerking you around Bobcat...but still it's pretty neat a 43 year-old bike can out-run bikes with four times the displacement(or more...look at the ricer cruisers....1800CC!!!!) Even with a fat old man like me on it, the SuperHawk will take them on the top-end by a couple of MPH. I get a lot of shocked looks when I do it. Even more when my buddy that has my old BSA Gold Star production racer and I BOTH do it. And unlike the guys who ride the modern crotch-rockets, we HAVE to hang off our bikes in the curves, cause we've got bicycle-sized tires to ride on. I've worn thru three sets of knee-pads on my leathers and my racing slippers have the edges of the soles ground down. We call oursevles team SLOW. Slow, Loud, Obsolete, and Wobbly. But we know how to hit the kill-switches on modern bikes as we go by them. ;D

biker_ray_pa

• Crew
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 11:53:24 PM »
I'm ordering a couple of the kits tomorrow. Has anybody tried bike-building in N? I did a couple in HO years ago, and they came out OK.

The hardest part was the handlebars. I used the kit ones on the blue bike, and the apes on the red bike were made from very small-diameter music wire.

If anybody's done some America"N" Choppers, I'd love to see some pics!

Ray

Never force it; get a bigger hammer.

bobcat

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 08:52:17 AM »
I'm just jerking you around Bobcat...but still it's pretty neat a 43 year-old bike can out-run bikes with four times the displacement(or more...look at the ricer cruisers....1800CC!!!!) Even with a fat old man like me on it, the SuperHawk will take them on the top-end by a couple of MPH. I get a lot of shocked looks when I do it. Even more when my buddy that has my old BSA Gold Star production racer and I BOTH do it. And unlike the guys who ride the modern crotch-rockets, we HAVE to hang off our bikes in the curves, cause we've got bicycle-sized tires to ride on. I've worn thru three sets of knee-pads on my leathers and my racing slippers have the edges of the soles ground down. We call oursevles team SLOW. Slow, Loud, Obsolete, and Wobbly. But we know how to hit the kill-switches on modern bikes as we go by them. ;D

That's cool WC, I've seen shows with guys on vintage racers letting loose on a track. I can really appreciate that.

engineshop

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
    • http://www.engineshop.org
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 11:04:25 AM »
I did on N-Scale chopper for my OCC trailer but it is actually just a decal on top of some cut styrene and some wires. Nothing for close-up.

biker_ray_pa

• Crew
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 12:16:55 PM »
WOW Roland, that looks really great!!
Never force it; get a bigger hammer.

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007, 12:26:45 PM »
Hello Friends

This is the E-Mail Address of the German Manufacture : gerhardhannemann@compuserve.de

If you have any question or want to order some Bikes please contact Gerhard Hannemann. Thanks!

Biker Ray - saw that you are ordering - just send an email to order?