Author Topic: New Products From BLMA Models!  (Read 3741 times)

Craig Martyn

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
    • BLMA Models
New Products From BLMA Models!
« on: September 12, 2007, 01:39:10 AM »
New products are here and shipping to your favorite dealer!  In addition to the products listed below, there are a number of new items in the works with more information coming over the next few weeks.  Please sign-up for our free newsletter to receive the latest updates as they happen.  Thanks for looking and thank you all for the continued support!

See more at:

http://www.blmamodels.com/newsletter/index.htm

N SCALE:
#103  Modern RV Style Air Conditioner (4)

#610  Concrete K-rail Barriers (12)

#611  Concrete Car Stops (24)

Craig Martyn
BLMA Models

www.BLMAmodels.com

Train Nutz

Re: New Products From BLMA Models!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 04:05:48 AM »
Hi Craig,
    I have a question on your n scale port-a-pottys. Do you make these in different colors? So far on the real one's I've seen blue, green and just recently orange which looked pretty close to the gatorade colored orange ice coolers. Not to say I would be interested in drinking from one of those but I did like the color orange on the potty. Any chance on producing these in multipule colors if you haven't already done this??
Train Nutzzzzzzzzzzz :o

Craig Martyn

• Crew
    • BLMA Models
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 04:30:58 AM »
The Portable Toilets are currently available in a light-blue color which is common out west and across the country.  We have had some feedback about doing different colors, so we're looking into perhaps doing additional 2-packs, or even a multi-pack with different colors.  Only time will tell...   ;)
Craig Martyn
BLMA Models

www.BLMAmodels.com

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5399
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 08:29:23 AM »
I've often wondered why Evergreen or Plastruct hasn't produced an extruded strip stock in a Jersey wall profile.  As prevalent as this stuff is in the real world, it seems like a no-brainer.  Strip stock in a basic guardrail profile would also be welcomed.  The parking block profile would also make a good strip stock.  I'd rather pay a couple bucks for 18" of material and cut my own than $7.95 for a half dozen blocks.  But I'm cheap, so maybe it's just me.

For us 60's and 70's modelers you need to do the old streamlined fiberglas Johnny on the Spot, too.

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

sparky

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 08:51:40 AM »
The parking block profile would also make a good strip stock.  I'd rather pay a couple bucks for 18" of material and cut my own than $7.95 for a half dozen blocks.  But I'm cheap, so maybe it's just me.

Lee

Actually, that's for 24 pieces.  It's fine to be cheap, but it's also good to be accurate!  ;) ;D

I like the K-wall because the details like the reliefs on the bottom and lift holes are molded in.  Nice detail, Craig.

wm3798

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 09:19:45 AM »
But strip stock would be better for things like highway edging or bridge rails, where the concrete is cast in place.

And I'll concede that 24 parking blocks is a pretty good deal.  I don't think I'd ever have enough parking on my layout to use that many!

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

engineshop

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
    • http://www.engineshop.org
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »
I have not seen the portable toilets and I was wondering if the white roof is just painted white or a different piece.
If it is a separate piece, an undecorated (white) 2 piece model could be the solution.

Craig Martyn

• Crew
    • BLMA Models
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 11:27:54 AM »
Thanks guys!  Please note that the Car Stops are NOT $7.95 as listed above; their retail value is 24/$5.95

Roland:  Our Portable Toilets are made from injection-molded plastic in two colors.  Each potty features five different parts, each hand-assembled overseas.  That said, we could easily mold the wall sections a different colors for future runs...
Craig Martyn
BLMA Models

www.BLMAmodels.com

sparky

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 12:01:19 PM »
Thanks guys!  Please note that the Car Stops are NOT $7.95 as listed above; their retail value is 24/$5.95

Well now, that should make the cheapskate even happier!  ;D

ljudice

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 01:22:54 PM »
I've often wondered why Evergreen or Plastruct hasn't produced an extruded strip stock in a Jersey wall profile.  As prevalent as this stuff is in the real world, it seems like a no-brainer.  Strip stock in a basic guardrail profile would also be welcomed.  The parking block profile would also make a good strip stock.  I'd rather pay a couple bucks for 18" of material and cut my own than $7.95 for a half dozen blocks.  But I'm cheap, so maybe it's just me.

For us 60's and 70's modelers you need to do the old streamlined fiberglas Johnny on the Spot, too.

Lee

That's because we New Jerseyians have all the trademark and copyright protection on our "Jersey Barriers" and we're waiting for the best possible licensing deal. Of course we want lots of imdemnification - in case our barriers fail to protect against any miniature accidents.

So to answer your question, let's get the lawyers working on this...

I for one am looking forward to property tax relief when this deal is done.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 01:24:41 PM by ljudice »

wm3798

• Crew
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 06:45:49 PM »
Sorry about the price reference Craig.  I will flog my astute research assistant immediately.

Lee

(PS - $5.95 is a good price even at MSRP... I might have to pick some of those bad johnons up...

...I don't want these guys banging up the fence anymore!)
Rockin' It Old School

jlheight587

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 05:49:21 AM »
I have not seen the portable toilets and I was wondering if the white roof is just painted white or a different piece.
If it is a separate piece, an undecorated (white) 2 piece model could be the solution.

Roland,

I was at FRTS when Chuck got his shipment in and they are really nice. From what I saw, they could be easily painted to any color you wanted. I was also thinking of gluing a real small, thin retangular strip of styrene to the side and creating a decal as a sign or company logo for one of mine, like you see at some constructions sites.

Jared

Iain

• Crew
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +346
    • The Best Puppers
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 02:32:10 PM »
Anyone want proto potty photos?  Next time I go to work I'll get some of the portajons in their natural environment.
Thanks much,
Mairi Dulaney, RHCE
Member, Free Software Foundation and Norfolk Southern Historical Society

http://jdulaney.com

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 07:01:24 PM »
Anyone want proto potty photos?  Next time I go to work I'll get some of the portajons in their natural environment.

Better not...your co-workers won't even begin to understand... ;D

Robbman

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 07:10:36 PM »
Message deleted
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:35:30 AM by Robbman »