Author Topic: Opinions wanted on Signature Press Books  (Read 3763 times)

TrainCat2

• Crew
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +802
    • TrainCat Model Sales
Re: Opinions wanted on Signature Press Books
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 02:34:37 PM »
I just ordered SP Freight Cars Volume 2: Caboose on eBay. MSRP was $70, but I got this one for $50 new. I let you know how it is once it arrives.

Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

Walkercolt

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 11:02:50 PM »
I've seen the Santa Fe book(at the shop) and was thoughely impressed, if I can scrape up the bucks after I pay my medical bills(next century maybe?) I plan on buying the ATSF book and maybe a couple more. Only bad thing is they don't offer much mark-up to the dealers, so even at cost, they're a little pricey. Morning Sun has a bigger discount. I've gotten burned a couple of times on books on eBay, even though they weren't exspensive, I never got one, and the other wasn't what the seller said it was. Haven't had much luck with Amazon either.

James Costello

• Crew
  • Respect: +290
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 04:49:55 AM »
I just ordered SP Freight Cars Volume 2: Caboose on eBay. MSRP was $70, but I got this one for $50 new. I let you know how it is once it arrives.

I hope it gives you lots of inspiration for a new range of products, particularly the chapter on Bay Windows ;-)
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

cuyama

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 11:02:11 AM »
I have the PFE book, most of the John Signor SP-related books, and the Central California Traction book by Stanley and Moreau, along with a few others. All have been well worth the investment. The ratio of text to illlustrations varies from book to book, as others have said, but they are typically more text-heavy than Morning Sun.

Byron