Author Topic: Kato Futures  (Read 5814 times)

Robbman

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
Re: Kato Futures
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 02:33:51 PM »
Message deleted
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:31:21 AM by Robbman »

ljudice

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 02:59:39 PM »
I sort of know too, but I need some confirmation and like - where to send money - and what I am buying???

nscalesteve

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 03:06:12 PM »
I sort of know too, but I need some confirmation and like - where to send money - and what I am buying???

I will soon post further details, just have a little more patience...
...as mentioned - pre-production sample shown - there are some "minor details" which have to be changed first.

...for how long did we wait on this trucks ? does one or two more days really matter ?   ;) ;)

ljudice

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 03:08:32 PM »
You make me happy in my old age....    ???

jlong

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 09:49:25 PM »
I don't know, every time I see a dealer with a large inventory of Kato stuff, I see them trying to sell them at full retail. I understand overhead and all, but they aren't making money if it is sitting on their shelves.

This is done with all brands. Larger dealers typically discont 25 to 30% off MSRP. My local dealer discounts after it sits in the case for 4 months. I was so awestruck by the empire builder cars, I paid MSRP on impulse for an "A" set. Things evened up however when Factory Direct  blew out GN E-7's. Even at MSRP, Kato Empire Builder coaches are worth the money I think.

sundowner

• Crew
  • Respect: +103
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 02:45:11 PM »

I will soon post further details, just have a little more patience...
...as mentioned - pre-production sample shown - there are some "minor details" which have to be changed first.

...for how long did we wait on this trucks ? does one or two more days really matter ?   ;) ;)
So what the deal with the sideframes, I have about 10 CSX ac44 that are in need of them. :D :D
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

nscalesteve

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 05:45:35 PM »
So what the deal with the sideframes, I have about 10 CSX ac44 that are in need of them. :D :D

I'm still waiting on the final quote for those things...
...stay tuned (and have patience).  ;)

ljudice

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2007, 05:48:56 PM »
You just know that the day you finish converting your models that Kato is going to announce them...

I just finished a bunch of MTL 89' flats in yellow - and was doing the decal design in Illustrator when I saw the DODX 89' flats coming in March with the USMC set.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7961
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 09:30:22 AM »
Lou, I wouldn't EVER trouble yourself over an upcoming thing from MTL, unless you want to spend $40 per car...

ljudice

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 06:25:33 PM »
Ed, I know like I'm actually going to buy the set to get the flatcars!!   :)

BTW, the sill of those cars are yellow too - wonder if MTL will get this?

wes_sutton

• Crew
  • Respect: +450
    • http://www.users.bigpond.com/grms
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 08:29:04 PM »
Futures...isn't that where you sell something 3 months hence on the basis that the buy price will be less at that time and you take the profit (and/or vice versa) but it's all done on paper and nothing ever physically changes hands.....oops sorry my bad that's PCM! :D

nscalesteve

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 12:21:45 AM »
So what is the deal with those steerable trucks?????
Come on Steve, "the truth is out there"!!!!    ;D

ok, they are available now - this is the link:  http://www.steve4painting.com/shop.html