Author Topic: Yet another reason not to model HO.  (Read 5643 times)

nscalesteve

Re: Yet another reason not to model HO.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 09:08:14 PM »
I know what JJ(Tivo) and I like. ;)

ouh please - this is a "family friendly" forum...   ;D

TiVoPrince

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 09:38:22 PM »
I know what JJ(Tivo) and I like. ;)

ouh please - this is a "family friendly" forum...   ;D

What

forum were you looking at?  I still think of Railwire more as a debate club than a bunch of fools singing songs by a campfire...
Support fine modeling

mopaustin

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 10:13:44 PM »
OR: Maybe a bunch of fools debating?  :D ;D

gudrandidi

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 03:00:26 PM »
The HO forum has been doing this for quite a long time.  It's certainly nothing new in the past few years.  I admin it is a little corny but I'm not the one posting that stuff.  They are just trying to promote a friendly atomosphere. :-*

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 10:02:20 PM »
Geez Loueez,this place is startin ta read like the ATLAS forums. ;D

I play on both sets of tracks,maybe you guys should try it sometime there be some good modeling being done in the HO scale.

Of course you could forget this scale nonsence and just be model railroaders.  Well it's a thought  ;D
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

sparky

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 02:11:42 AM »
Of course you could forget this scale nonsence and just be model railroaders.  Well it's a thought  ;D

Or, Catt, you could forget that this isn't Trainbored and realize that we're allowed to actually posess a sense of humor here.  Most threads of this type are posted with toungue firmly planted in cheek.  I started this thread not as a legitimate knock on HOer's, but as a lighthearted poke.  I happen to personally own N,HO,On30, and G scale equipment.  I just happen to socialize more with N scalers for reasons that are obvious when you read posts in forums for other scales.  You can actually post your true opinions here without fear of being reprimanded by the moderators or "suspended" from the forum.  That's why many of the members here are formerly active members of other forums, but seldom found there anymore.  We simply got tired of the politics and bull$hit.  By the way, try saying bull$hit on Trainbored and see where it gets you!  :o
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 02:27:39 AM by sparky »

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +996
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 11:20:23 AM »
Sparky, if you put a space between the letters you don't have to use the dollar sign.

Just between you and me ;)

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 12:16:25 PM »
Hey Sparky,I can't say bull$hit on Trainbored cause me and the ashhole that runs the joint do not get along.(used to be a mod there in the old days)He didn't take kindly to being called an ashhole which as far as I am concerned he still is.

I guess living in an area where most of (but definately NOT ALL ) the HO guys think outloud that there is only one modeling scale I can get abit testy around folk who are poking fun at other scales or just downright slamming them.

Oh and one other thing my scale(s) of choice are
N
HO
HOn30
On30
1/32 or #1 gauge

Not always in that order  ;D
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

Walkercolt

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 02:53:59 PM »
I like my On30 stuff because you don't have to handlay track and a 10 car train is a looong train for narrow gauge. No more $1000+ unit coal train as in N scale. :o I also have a 44 tonner and two 50" boxcars...yeah I know they're kinda out-of-era, but a guy was thinning his collection and I got 'em cheap. ;)

3rdrail

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 03:05:42 PM »
Geez, I thought this was a gastronomical discussion rather than a scale discussion.  ;D ;D ;D  It has been my observation that most model railroaders also like food - too well in most cases.  ;D ;D ;D

sparky

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 03:30:17 PM »
Geez, I thought this was a gastronomical discussion rather than a scale discussion. 

Well, the title of the thread is "Yet another reason not to model HO".  ;D ;D ;D

It has been my observation that most model railroaders also like food - too well in most cases.

That reminds me... I'm hungry!  Mmmm... fresh fruit and croissants sound good....

NOT!  I think I'll order a pizza.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 03:32:13 PM by sparky »

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2875
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2007, 05:28:31 PM »
Sparky, if you put a space between the letters you don't have to use the dollar sign.

Hmmm .. I will have to add that version to the filter :)

sparky

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2007, 06:46:18 PM »

Hmmm .. I will have to add that version to the filter :)

Uhhh...John?  If you re-read Tom's post, you'll see it was supposed to be just between Tom and me.  I think you'll have to pretend you never read that post.  ;D