Author Topic: New Freight Car from FVM  (Read 3758 times)

CVSNE

• Crew
  • Respect: +7
Re: New Freight Car from FVM
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 07:21:35 PM »
Okay, I'll be the first to ask -- you gonna make it in  HO also????? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, you've learned well Grasshopper -- did you do the tooling here or with Affa????

Marty
Modeling (or attempting to model) the Central Vermont circa October 1954  . . .

nscalesteve

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 07:34:45 PM »
or with Affa????

...schouldn't that be JAFA ?   ;D ;D

ljudice

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 08:04:58 PM »
I would have wanted accumate trucks with body mounted MTL couplers and FMV wheels.

Stay cool and do my work for me... 8) 8)

Wow - now that's the ticket!

bsoplinger

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2007, 12:53:11 AM »
Is it me or does the overspray on the pictures of the cars on their site seem a bit extreme?

Otherwise they look like a very nice car for a decent price, I'll have to order some.

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2007, 02:48:42 AM »
 Yes, yes, a very nice car for the price! Even I a mostly transition era type of guy would buy some. We use to accept "Metal Wheels" as the norm so why can't we accept Low Profile Metal wheels now as the norm and give up the new version MT Low Pros which are not made as good as their old ones. I would cetrainly pay a few bucks more for real Metal Low Pros and also "Body Mount" couplers. I has always been my belief, though not stated here before that all cars should come with body mounted couplers execpt those in train sets with sharp curves, and those who wish to reverse convert would buy the truck mounted couplers  instead. Oh and yes could they be close to Z scale Nn3 size.                                   Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah.