Author Topic: Walthers GSC Bulkhead Flat cars Really Sweet.  (Read 1964 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Walthers GSC Bulkhead Flat cars Really Sweet.
« on: July 21, 2007, 04:27:04 AM »
   Was at ny LHS this afternoon, Doug has added quite a bit of new stock, I was able to pick up a 3 Pack of Difco Dump cars in Uncle Peet Silver Mow with black markings, as I was looking through the unlocked case where the Walthers was it hit me. The revised versions of the GSC Bulkhead flat cars that had been run a thousand years agowere out. I have one GN Glacier Green car from that run that I had to add an end brake wheel to that I have been usuing for op sessions with a removeable load. The new revised cars caught my eye right off the bat, the Soo Line car in aluminum with black markings, then I saw the Union Pacific car, just the time era I love ,Yellow car with Black numbers, and red lettering including "Cushoned Load". The deck and inside bulkhrad ends are flat graish-black. Nice fine scale brake wheel on the B end . Correct Roller Bearing trucks with Magnetic (Accumate?) couplers. I broke down and bought a 2 pack,haven't opened up yet (don't ruin the collector Value!) these cars are still cast metal so have nice tracking weight, now I will have to build a second removeable "Gold Bond Building Products" removeable load and place them both in service with car cards, replacing the Ugly Green (did I really say Ugly) GN car. I may go back to morrow and purchase the third car which is sold as a single. Oh yes the Plain GSC non bulkhead flats also look veddy nice with a finer scale brakewheel and nice not overly thick paint. The Santa Flea (Fe)  car in brown (mineral ?) color looked great. Will have to change the wheels to Low Pros for op sessions. Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah .

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
Re: Walthers GSC Bulkhead Flat cars Really Sweet.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 12:41:34 PM »
Nate,

Lemme get this straight, the trucks are Accumate and have pizza cutters? ???

Mark

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5399
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 02:01:55 PM »
Pictures?
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 01:48:05 AM »
  Photo link to the new revised Walthers GSC Bulkhead flat cars showing all roads is                               http://www.walthers.com/exec/page/guide/n_gsc                                                                           Nate Goodman (Nato).

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1249
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 12:31:24 AM »
The wheels are lo pros but not as fine as the MTL lo pros. They use standard Atlas/Athearn trucks. They are great cars, though I like the Athearsn better, I still buy both.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away