Author Topic: New BLMA Models Summer Releases!  (Read 2569 times)

Craig Martyn

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
    • BLMA Models
New BLMA Models Summer Releases!
« on: July 12, 2007, 07:05:59 PM »
Our first completely assembled and ready-to-use items are now shipping to dealers everywhere!  We have released a brand new Modern Yard Office and Portable Toilets in HO & N Scale.  On top of that, modern locomotive detailers can turn their standard switching locomotives into the ultra-common Remote Controlled Locomotives (RCL) with our new antenna stands!

More information at:

http://blmamodels.com/newsletter/

We are looking forward to seeing many folks at the National Train Show and N Scale Convention in the coming weeks.  At the National Train Show we will have NEW announcements and new products on display!  Keep tabs on our website for additional information.  Thanks for the support!
Craig Martyn
BLMA Models

www.BLMAmodels.com

nwline

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
Re: New BLMA Models Summer Releases!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 07:34:16 PM »
Craig

Where do you stand with releasing your Pilot Face Layover's ? do you have a release date ?

Dave

Craig Martyn

• Crew
    • BLMA Models
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 07:38:53 PM »
Dave, still working on them... Seems there just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I want to.   :-[  I'll do my best to get them finalized and in stock by the end of the summer/early fall.
Craig Martyn
BLMA Models

www.BLMAmodels.com

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:48:07 PM »
And the modern freight car ladders...?
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

TiVoPrince

• Crew
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 09:07:10 PM »
Run
Mr. Wallet, RUN...
Support fine modeling

SquirrelHollow

• Crew
  • Grease Monkey
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 09:13:29 PM »
oh, sweet injection molding, how I loathe thee...

Great stuff Craig.

Against better judgement, and common sense, I have a fascination with sewage disposal devices.  Toilets, sinks, honey buckets, port-a-jons, you name it... They all have a place in my heart.  I believe I'll be adding some BLMA 'blue water' art to an upcoming project.
-Robert

Uintah Railway, Utah Railway.

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 09:49:41 PM »
Craig.  What is the proper 48" fan to use on a GP-9?  You got so many types I don't know which to use.

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5412
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 11:48:46 PM »
Craig, I got a look at the yard office at MBK last weekend... As soon as I can forage up the $20 from the couch, I'll be getting one for Bayard.  It's almost dead on for what I need.

Quickly becoming a groupie...
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Craig Martyn

• Crew
    • BLMA Models
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 02:08:20 PM »
Thanks for all of the great comments guys!   :)

sirenworks:  Still working on the freight car ladders...  If all goes as planned, they'll be the etched-metal release after the Pilot Face Layovers. 

Bob:  I believe your GP9 will take any number of common 36" fans; however, the "dome-top" fans featured on those models are something not currently produced (it would be difficult to form the 'dome' in the etching).  The Gold Medal Models GP18 detail set has a number of these fans and their have the same basic design (no dome).

Thanks Lee!   ;D
Craig Martyn
BLMA Models

www.BLMAmodels.com

TiVoPrince

• Crew
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 08:52:54 PM »
If
you can find them the JnJ 48" fans work for late phase GP9s.  A nice injection moulded one would be nice but I'm not aware of any as a seperate part.  The JnJ fans are not BLMA etched part perfect, but are fully in the accepable range. 

If you can find a GP20 shell to sacrafice it is another viable option for early dome top 48" fans...
Support fine modeling

bsoplinger

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 04:43:12 PM »
I've used the GMM (Gold Medal Models) fans to do a number of Lehigh Valley late (very late, like the last ones made) GP-9's that had 48" fans vs the 36" fans of the standard model. They are nice etchings but as Craig pointed out, they are flat.

I've had excellent luck forming them using rubber gasket material you can get at any box type hardware store, as well as many mom and pop type places. Its the same reddish brown rubber that you'll find in your outdoor lawn hose gasket.

Place the fan good side (the 'top' visible side) down onto the gasket material. Put the gasket material flat on your workbench. Take the end of a plastic (it works better than wood) paint brush, the small ones you use to paint details, not the size made for painting your house and slowly work from the middle out, pressing and forming the curve of the fan. Actually works quite well just takes time. Trying to put too much bend in a once will crease the brass. If that happens just move to a solid surface, metal vs just wood, and use the end of the paint brush to force out the crease, going to needle nose pliers if you can't work it out just using the end of the paint brush. Then go back to the rubber pad and try to put in less bend at once.