Author Topic: Has anyone dealt with Mocalova Models?  (Read 4606 times)

Train Nutz

Has anyone dealt with Mocalova Models?
« on: June 23, 2007, 05:07:47 AM »
I order some n scale slabs from Mocalova Models about a month or so ago. I contacted Kel after ordering and he told me by e-mail that he did get my order and payment. Sometime last week I sent him an e-mail wanting to know about how much longer I'll have to wait to recieve the slabs as I hadn't heard from him or seen anything arrive in the mail as of yet. So my question is, has anyone dealt with Mocalova Models? How  did the ordering process go and how long did you have to wait to get the product you ordered?
Train Nutzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ???

nwline

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
Re: Has anyone dealt with Mocalova Models?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 10:15:40 AM »
I've ordered from them and never had a problem . There stuff is great , did you double check with them to see if your parts were back ordered ?

Nelson

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 10:37:21 AM »
Kel posted over on Trainboard a month or so ago that he was having a bad run of personal problems that had delayed his production. He may not have gotten caught up yet.

I have found that long delays is the norm for many of the smaller "one man show" N scale manufacturers. It is often just a small side hobby/business and they tend to run their products in batches only after enough orders have come in to make it worth doing a run.

I have found that if you are in a hurry, you are usually better off ordering from a stocking dealer (FRTS carries Kel's line)

TiVoPrince

• Crew
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 07:19:40 PM »
Kel
has always come through for me.  Sometimes his schedule is a bit behind but I try to order with enough lead time so he can deliver without problems...
Support fine modeling

ljudice

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 10:34:11 PM »
Kel
has always come through for me.  Sometimes his schedule is a bit behind but I try to order with enough lead time so he can deliver without problems...

Same here!

Train Nutz

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 05:11:58 AM »
I just went over to trainboard and found out that others have ordered product in the being of this year and hadn't recieved what they ordered during that time. What I didn't know and found out that he came close to losing his wife and during that time she was sick his production schedule slipped some. I feel kind of bad for Kel now and hope everything is alright with him and his wife. I hope she's not having any re-accurring problems. Maybe I'm just jumping the gun here and should just give him the chance to catch up with the production end. I understand his placement as I also came close to losing my wife at the end of October of last year. When a love one is ill, everything else takes a back seat. It's not easy trying to get some work done when your mind is filled with worry for someone you really care about. Kel, if you should read this, take the time you need if your wife is having any health issues. I can wait for the parts.
 Train Nutzzzzz

hegstad1

• Crew
  • Respect: +1631
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 07:49:08 AM »
I ordered some boxcar sides from him last year and it took a looong time to receive them but I did get them and they're great!  Be patient,  he'll come through.

Andrew
Andrew Hegstad

SecretWeapon

• Crew
  • Respect: +41
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 12:11:09 PM »
Hey,
   I've dealt with him. It took like 4 months to get my order. He didn't answer my emails in a timely fashion. He had a list of excuses.
   Bottomline, I got everything I ordered & all was good.If you don't mind waiting,it worth it in the end.
Mike

3rdrail

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 05:16:59 PM »
I just noted on Kel's Mocalova Models website today that effective last Tuesday, July 3, 2007, he is no longer selling direct, only through hobby shops.

The only hobby shop shown for N scale items is our own Chuck at Feather River. I am surprised neither has posted this here.

SecretWeapon

• Crew
  • Respect: +41
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 08:22:54 PM »
I just noted on Kel's Mocalova Models website today that effective last Tuesday, July 3, 2007, he is no longer selling direct, only through hobby shops.

The only hobby shop shown for N scale items is our own Chuck at Feather River. I am surprised neither has posted this here.

A while ago,I asked Chuck about ordering some of Kel's stuff. Chuck had listed his stuff on his site. Chuck couldn't find him. I ordered from Kel & it took forever.
Mike

TrainCat2

• Crew
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +802
    • TrainCat Model Sales
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 10:45:25 PM »
Although I have not ordered from him, he has contacted me a couple of times about doing work for him.

I did not know about his wife. After nearing losing mine last year, I know where his head and priorities are at. It does pain me to hear this. Kel, be well and I hope things become better.
Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

nwline

• Crew
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 12:53:01 AM »
Need some help guy's , does anyone have any leads on who might be carrying Kel's parts ? Feather River has a very limited selection .

jlheight587

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 01:25:18 PM »
This thread has been covered before - by me:

http://therailwire.net/smf/index.php?topic=11416.msg90452#msg90452

When I finally did received my items, many of them were broke, some were of poor quality, and others were fine. After my ordeal, I decided to just give up. (I had to go through Chuck @ FRTS just to get in contact with him)

amato1969

• Crew
  • Respect: +831
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 04:42:30 PM »
FWIW, I had a positive experience.  All my items were shipped promptly and arrived as advertised.

nscalesteve

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 06:20:55 PM »
...well, I have had a similar experience, I did order parts from him, did pay with paypal and that was it for over a month. I then tried to contact him with no chance, never got an answer on my eMails so I did start a formal complaint with paypal and guess what, I've got an answer on the very same day ! parts did arrive a couple of days later, All-Weather-Windows which I couldn't use because they were all still sticky, somehow the clear resin did not dry completely. well, I already did waste $20 or more for better items !
but the AirFilter from the same company are great - lucky me I did order enough before...