Author Topic: Another author in our midst (2 actually)  (Read 1741 times)

3rdrail

Another author in our midst (2 actually)
« on: June 20, 2007, 09:57:44 PM »
Congratulations are in order to SAH (Steve Holzheimer) for his article in the new N-Scale on scratchbuilding the Spencer, OH, depot. A real, good, old-fashioned "how to do it" article, not one of the bullet-point things that just skims over the project.

Congratulations to Powersteamguy1790 for an article on how to put a decoder on a Kato Mikado in the same issue. It certainly is strange to see an article in a magazine where the author goes by his internet username rather than his given name. Most of us like to see our name in print! I know his real name but won't spoil his chosen anonymity.  :-X

Skytop 35 (Bill Denton) is in there, too. But he's an old hand at article writing. Good article though.

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +2716
Re: Another author in our midst (2 actually)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
Not really "new", but new to The Railwire. David Smith (dks2855) has had many articles in MR and his layout was in GMR 2000.
http://whiteriverandnorthern.net/index.htm

Gregg,
I was just letting him know today that he shares the December 1975 Model Railroader with you!  8)

Roger Holmes

• Crew
  • Respect: +194
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 11:50:22 PM »
I had a one-pager in RMC last month about building an Evergreen strip styrene storage box.

I was impressed with the number of Railwire members in NSR an N Scale this month.  More money to buy trains from the pusher of your choice (insert shameless plug for FRTS here) ;D
Best regards,

Roger

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who understand the binary system and those who don't.

SAH

• Crew
  • Respect: +205
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 09:16:16 AM »
I had a one-pager in RMC last month about building an Evergreen strip styrene storage box.

I was impressed with the number of Railwire members in NSR an N Scale this month.  More money to buy trains from the pusher of your choice (insert shameless plug for FRTS here) ;D

I wondered if that was "Railwire Roger Holmes".  I've been meaning to do something like that for years.  At least I know where all my styrene is stored and can find it without a hunt.  ;)

You'll either love the depot scratch building article or you'll think it's the ultimate cure for insomnia.  My wife fell asleep while reading it, so I know which camp she's in.  Long articles are a tough sell in these sound bite oriented days.  If you like it, thank Pam for choosing to run it.  If you don't, well, Part 2 isn't as long.

I was struck by how much talent I saw among the Railwire group when I joined last Fall.  That's why I look forward to signing in every day.  LOTS of projects seen here could be published and would raise the quality of most any hobby mag running right now.

Steve

OTSG

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 03:50:29 PM »
Congratulations are in order to SAH (Steve Holzheimer) for his article in the new N-Scale on scratchbuilding the Spencer, OH, depot. A real, good, old-fashioned "how to do it" article, not one of the bullet-point things that just skims over the project.

Congratulations to Powersteamguy1790 for an article on how to put a decoder on a Kato Mikado in the same issue. It certainly is strange to see an article in a magazine where the author goes by his internet username rather than his given name. Most of us like to see our name in print! I know his real name but won't spoil his chosen anonymity.  :-X

Skytop 35 (Bill Denton) is in there, too. But he's an old hand at article writing. Good article though.

I don't think Powersteamguy (Bob Ellis) ever intended to hide is real name.
it is out there if you go to his web site and posts on trainboard.

3rdrail

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 03:59:18 PM »

I don't think Powersteamguy (Bob Ellis) ever intended to hide is real name.
it is out there if you go to his web site and posts on trainboard.

Bob sent me a message explaining that he has appeared as an author many times professionally as an expert in prosthetic dentistry so didn't need an "ego boost". A lot of the regulars on The Railwire have been published in the model railroad press.