Author Topic: Your age group...  (Read 9062 times)

RockGp40

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +273
Re: Your age group...
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2007, 10:42:54 AM »
My Dad bought a small set of N scale stuff when he moved to Baltimore in the 1960s from Klein's. It sat in a box in our basement and was never assembled or  put to use. We did manage to build a table with the intent of running trains, but, after it was built, it collected dust.

Well, now I have his box and that table. And as soon as my house is built, I will be in my own world of trains. Although that table is not the end of my layout hopes, it will be a start. My wife tells me the basement is mine.

Some of my fondest memories from childhood revolve around the few (<5) trips Dad took me to Klein's. I tried to recreate those memories for my oldest nephew a couple years ago and he could not have cared any less. I was crushed!

What does this have to do with the thread? I don't really know. But, I hope for our sakes that the hobby remains what it has been and is right now for a long time. I make it a point to buy something at a LHS everytime I visit one, even if it is clearly overpriced. I want these guys to stay in business such that little kids can be swept away into their own little train world.
No farms, no food. Support your local farmer's market!

I stand with Israel.

MrKLUKE

• Crew
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2007, 09:53:27 PM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 12:33:08 PM by MrKLUKE »