Author Topic: Weekend update - June 10, 2007  (Read 4482 times)

Craig Martyn

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
    • BLMA Models
Re: Weekend update - June 10, 2007
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 08:16:24 PM »
I did a little modeling this past week;

Craig, this "happy" guy leaving the picture on the left, is he wearing a "manbag" ?   ;)

Steve:  You mean to tell me that you didn't know about Woodland Scenics new "Metro-Sexuals" figure pack?  Manbags are just the beginning...   ;) :-[
Craig Martyn
BLMA Models

www.BLMAmodels.com

TrainCat2

• Crew
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +802
    • TrainCat Model Sales
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 10:23:05 PM »
I just got back from a business trip and had some time to work on the first article of the bridge and thought I would post some progress pics. The single Pratt is half-way built as shown. I just started on the double track too. The floor system is not in, but will have super fine grated walkways on either side of the track. The price for the bridge has been set to $149.95. Enjoy.

Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

mramsey

• Respect: +3
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 01:25:44 AM »
After I soldered 33AWG colored magnet wires to a green/red(/blue) SMD LED, I glued the LED onto the back of the face. Unfortunately there are no green/red/yellow SMD LED since the SMDs are the once used for the flat screen TVs.
You do know that if you turn on red and green simultaneously in one of these LEDs, you'll get yellow, right?  You may have to adjust the resistors to get the right relative intensities...

engineshop

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
    • http://www.engineshop.org
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 11:52:30 AM »
After I soldered 33AWG colored magnet wires to a green/red(/blue) SMD LED, I glued the LED onto the back of the face. Unfortunately there are no green/red/yellow SMD LED since the SMDs are the once used for the flat screen TVs.
You do know that if you turn on red and green simultaneously in one of these LEDs, you'll get yellow, right?  You may have to adjust the resistors to get the right relative intensities...

Unfortunately it does not work with SMDs. The green and yellow LED part is in different corners of the case. I tried but I got and ugle greenish/redish light depending from which site you looked at and from the front it was more like, I cannot even tell that color.

SMDs are like LEDs glued to each other side by side. not like the T1 etc. round or square LEDs.

nscalesteve

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 05:14:48 PM »
Steve:  You mean to tell me that you didn't know about Woodland Scenics new "Metro-Sexuals" figure pack?  Manbags are just the beginning...   ;) :-[

Metro-Sexuals you say, I see, do they prefer sexual practices in a subway ?    :o ;D ;D ;)

TrainCat2

• Crew
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +802
    • TrainCat Model Sales
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 05:44:43 PM »

Unfortunately it does not work with SMDs. The green and yellow LED part is in different corners of the case. I tried but I got and ugle greenish/redish light depending from which site you looked at and from the front it was more like, I cannot even tell that color.

SMDs are like LEDs glued to each other side by side. not like the T1 etc. round or square LEDs.
Have you tried the new SMT RGB's (Red-Green-Blue)?? These LED's can actually produce any color in the spectrum and are not gastly expensive. They would require a driver circuit to drive the individual LED's to produce the right color from digital input. Not difficult. They are 3.2 x 2.7 x 1.1mm and have a viewing angle of 120deg. I found them for $2.50 each.

My distributer has availability to some 1.6x0.8mm bi-color that are available in both Red/Green and Yellow/Green and under $.60ea in quantities of 500. If enough people wanted them, we could order a batch and split the costs.

Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards